Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing or OOT/OOT or Turing
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:08 am   Post subject: Turing or OOT/OOT or Turing

which one by far is the best? I'm kind of thinking that Turing is better...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i am not relay shure what you are asking here? i think that all the turings for windows are object oreidted and the one for dos is'ent? i have never used the dos turing but i asome it is not as good as windos becuse there whode be a lack of graicks comands for pichers if any.

if you are asking about the difrent version of turing for windows, turing 3.1.1 has sprites that wrok wich can be good. but turing 4.* has better contural of pic's and some new comands wch can be help full but no sprites Sad
azndragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like Turing 4.0 because it's nice and colour coded, which really helps beginner programmers, or just about anyone, since it keeps it nice and organized. Also, Turing 3 series have a bad habit of opening new windows of every file, even if the current file is blank. It also has too many windows in the background, and it's really bad at selecting text.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, i was just asking for everyone opinion on either of them and which one they prefer to use... i like turing 4 because it is colour coded and it doesnt have 3 or 4 windows open all the time. it also supports more things than OOT (other then sprites)... hopefully they do get that fixed Very Happy
another thing i noticed that turing has that oot doesn't is the function list... i tried opening it at school but it sat there and did nothing, i also tried it here when i got it at home, and it didnt work here either .... maybe a lemon file?
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing 4.0 is better... I say that because it had a picture of a spiral and put it into a Pic.Rotate loop so I've been hypnotised to believing 4.0 is the best Shocked
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL...

well I dont program in turing anymore... but I use v4.x to test your programs out Wink It being color coded helps to read the code better.

As for lack of sprites... I think picMerge + View.Update overcome that problem
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing 4.0 is by far the best (thx to View.Update), but im trying to ween myself onto c++
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, if you got a chance, try out C++... We got some very basic intro tutorials available, but if anyone actually makes "hello world" and want to continue, I'll be glad to write up more interesting stuff.

Dont you EVER think that 1 language is enough... its not. NOT turing... C++? maybe... but NOT turing. Once you get coumfortable with it, move on.

Unless you're some crazy programmer like Catalyst who can create particle systems in turing... Confused Then I think you should move on to C++ anyway and try your hand at rewriting other 3DSMAX modifiers Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony's right, you need to have multiple languages under your belt. I currently using both turing (due to stupid school curriculum) and C++.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, i'm using turing because of school, but i'm not going to become that good with it... within the next week my school is putting me in java... i really dont have anything to use C++, my school doesnt have a program to code in it either, so i'm not really motivated to learn it
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I haven't done much Java beyond cool JavaScript but from what I hear it's harder to learn than C++
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ive looked at java and its pretty different from the languages ive seen
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, it is supossed to be hard, i hope it has hella more challange than turing...
azndragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm stuck with Turing until I can get my hands on a C++ compiler, and the money to pay for it Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

money to pay for it? try FREE Very Happy

http://www.bloodshed.net./

there's a bunch of other free C++ compiler awailable online. Someone said this one is good, though I use VC++
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: