Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 TANK DEMO
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:17 pm   Post subject: TANK DEMO

This is my Tank Demo which isn't quite complete yet. The font my be messed on some machines if they don't have the right fonts. The red tank moves with "A"S"W"D""T" blue moves with "UP"DOWN"RIGHT"LEFT"ENTER
if "T"' doesn't work it's a letter around there.

Again as with any of my posts suggestions are appreciated

THNX

MOD Edit: Interesting game, but needs some improvements. 10bits - Tony
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its a good consept... BUT multiplayer doesnt work as it reads 1 character at a time... such as if I hold down my move button, the other player can move at same time Confused

a tutorial here -> http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=114 describes how to overcome that problem, but you need v4.x compiler for that.

Also it it appears you can partially run over mines/powerups and cut half of it off...
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

True I know that if you hold down the keys the one character can interrupt the input of the other but I did this in v3 WinOOT so I didn't really have much luck with Key.Down stuff. And yes I have to work on redrawing the tank if it runs over a mine.

THNX for the input I will see what I can fix
white_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:41 pm   Post subject: nice

very nice 8) i like it!!!! but like he said a few bugs in it!! great job
DanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks pretty good...but definitely needs more, heh. Maybe you should add something like new weapons... or something like that. But pretty good either way.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: