Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is this forum?
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
santabruzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:40 pm   Post subject: What is this forum?

What is the PHP version for this forum. I don't think it's PHPBB.. it looks like a PHP Nuke (the main window) with an Applachia skin.. but i don't know..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its phpBB 2. Just checked out the faq and found that out
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it's core is phpbb 2 but we moded it to hell and back

there is also some mx protal in it and some of our coumsome and random coding Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
santabruzer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I was just wondering how you can do the first page. It just looks like PHP nuke, but i'm too lazy to change my PHP to PHPnuke.... What did you do? (just some suggestions of how to get the first page)
santabruzer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh.. and just out of curiousity, i was wondering what does CompSci's hosting thingy offer.... does it have chmod 777? and if not, does anyone know of a good "free" place to host... with the chmod.,?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the main page was made with mx portal a mod for phpbb: http://www.mx-system.com/

and our host is http://www.thehostexpress.com/

our host is cheep but realy sucks, they give you most of the stuff you need like basick conorle over chmod stuff but they have aboutly no tecsport even tho they claim to. also they say they have 99.5% up time witch is a BIG LIE. also they say they uses DirectAdmin control panel anothe lie. they also say they let you conotral sub domains, more lies.

so if you know what you are doing it is ok but if you are like most poleop and may need some help or whont your site up 100% of time dont go with them.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: