Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TazMan47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:12 am   Post subject: DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

You can visit the home page for DarkBasic and download the Pro version absolutely FREE. It is not cripled in any way and the only difference from the old version is that there is ad advertisement at the bottom which does not get in the way of coding. Laughing

[/url]http://www.thegamecreators.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 pm   Post subject: RE:DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

That's still not an excuse to use DarkBasic.

Cheers.
TazMan47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:06 am   Post subject: RE:DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

I'm a diehard Blitz3D user but I did download Darkbasic to give it a try. I found that it's quite powerful and can do some things better than Blitz3D. I'll never quit using Blitz but I thinks it's good to have a second language to use in a pinch.
DtY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm   Post subject: RE:DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

Wait? An IDE with advertising?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm   Post subject: RE:DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

Yeah, it's one of those "alternative" revenue models. Recently when I was trying out Win7, I've downloaded Windows Live Messenger. Apparently they've been gradually increasing the amount (and annoyance) of ads they place into the UI. It made me feel noxious, and I promptly closed it.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:44 pm   Post subject: RE:DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

Tony, I believe I made a thread on how to block those pesky messages Very Happy
DtY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 pm   Post subject: RE:DarkBasic Pro Is Now FREE!!

How bad is it now? The last time I used messenger was four/five years ago, and the ads were pretty bad then.
It amazes me that anyone still uses it with all the great alternatives.

[edit] And the
aaa Said:
something
bbb Said:
something else
makes it completely unreadable.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: