Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 peers requesting work
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
vexd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:47 am   Post subject: peers requesting work

hey this is happening more and more everyday, people in my class asking me to send them my assignment that i worked hard on..

In a sense i actually wanna send it but then i worry about loosing marks for having the same code as him..Secondly, what the hell was he doing in this time...Lastly it will save me time from not explaining him everything.

So the question is, what do you do!?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

o i give them the code allright.. but only after the due date Smile

but most of the time i explain them the very details on where they go wrong and how to improve.. they tend to improve this way and bug you all the less as the semester progresses.

PS: make sure ur code gets really dirty. i mean use a lot of advance concepts in ur programming, good practise for you! and that will kill them Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

well thats what i do.. Rolling Eyes
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shouldnt this be in general discussions? and here is a tip, give them the program, except change the variable names using replace and declare them at different places, make them do their own comments, and put in a couple of lines of useless code in theirs
vexd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so u would give them the code ?
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes... after i screw it up Twisted Evil
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lots of people been asking me for my code. The thing is, there's no point in giving it to them because it will be clear that the code is mine.

I have my own way of naming variables and my own approaches to doing things. I also go way ahead of the curriculum and would often use methods that students "are not suppost to know" Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
vexd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
lots of people been asking me for my code. The thing is, there's no point in giving it to them because it will be clear that the code is mine.

I have my own way of naming variables and my own approaches to doing things. I also go way ahead of the curriculum and would often use methods that students "are not suppost to know" Rolling Eyes

no need to show off on ur own forums Razz
Rudiger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok.. if itd like homework i don't realy care bcause they don't learn nothing and the assignment comes around. then i get good grades because the class donst know the codes.. but the thing with the coping and stuff. ill help them if they get a error or so and they don't know where it is.. but if they get a desk and take it my teacher usally chacks them or i delete the most important parts of it Twisted Evil so that is fun to do Twisted Evil
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:57 pm   Post subject: Re: peers requesting work

vexd wrote:
hey this is happening more and more everyday, people in my class asking me to send them my assignment that i worked hard on..

In a sense i actually wanna send it but then i worry about loosing marks for having the same code as him..Secondly, what the hell was he doing in this time...Lastly it will save me time from not explaining him everything.

So the question is, what do you do!?

I run into same problem all the time--most of the time I let them come to my computer and take a look for themselves..maybe explain bits and pieces...or give them a hint or an example program that they could use (out of the text book)...

but yes..i have sent programs to people before...very simple ones though...lol

the ones i actually spend time on i would never send out though (and i think it would be too obvious to the teacher anyway)...

we have our little clan...and make sure all variables are different..and such..lol Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i only help the desperately needy people that are getting realy bad in class... yea Gaughan helped me a bit with String munipilation... like ORD,, and stuf.... i was too busy doing pac man and listening to musik the week teacher explained.... also a good hint... send it to him through a floppy.... teachers can sometimes know what people are sending through school email.... i got busted once.. me and Gauhan are top of class... so whenever we give stuff to people it shows.... we know stuff ahead of class too,..,,,most of the time tho... if the people read the Text Book it tells everythign you need to know in the Examples... to help them out go to www.holtsoft.com and under the area with books or something you can get all the programs from books in one Zip file... already typed up... taht helps a lot...from the advanced book is cool...hehe:PWink
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I help for money , but never final projects ,because they always do bad on tests and fail the exam, and get like a 50
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll do any sorta work for money in any language!
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i will pay you 200 jap yen if u do mine
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

200 yen is a quater ($0.25) Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

exactly
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: