Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Gridding off the run window
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
nis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:38 pm   Post subject: Gridding off the run window

I made this program where it moves a box around the grid. I thought it was pretty cool so i have decided to post the source for it. Feel free to use it or edit it however you'ld like.
It's well commented so it shouldn't be to hard to understand

code:

%###########################################################################################################################
%####                                            Created by : n I $                                                     #### 
%####                                            September 26, 2003                                                     #### 
%###########################################################################################################################

%The Main Screen
const MWinX := 550
const MWinY := 528
var MWin : int := Window.Open ("graphics:" + intstr (MWinX) + ";" + intstr (MWinY) + ", position:top;left,title:BattleShip,offscreenonly")
%Keyboard
var ch : array char of boolean
%Player
var Column_Position, Row_Position : int := 1
%The Board
const Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes : int := 100 %The smaller the number the bigger the boxes
const Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes : int := 100 %The smaller the number the bigger the boxes
const SpaceSize : int := 1 %Determains the amount of grid spaces between the boxes
%Calculates the coordinates of the verticle lines of the grid (Up and Down)
function Verticle_Line (num : int) : int
    result ((maxx div Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes) * num)
end Verticle_Line
%Calculates the coordinates of the horizontal lines of the grid (Left and right)
function Horizontal_Line (num : int) : int
    result ((maxy div Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes) * num)
end Horizontal_Line
%Decides if the grid is shown or not
var Show_Grid : boolean := true

%Draws the Grid
for col : 1 .. Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes
    drawline (Verticle_Line (col), 0, Verticle_Line (col), maxy, 7)
end for
for row : 1 .. Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes
    drawline (0, Horizontal_Line (row), maxx, Horizontal_Line (row), 7)
end for
%Draws the Box
drawfillbox (Verticle_Line (Column_Position) + 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position) + 1, Verticle_Line (Column_Position + 1) - 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position + 1) - 1, brightred)
View.Update
loop
    delay (30) %Slows Down the loop
    Input.KeyDown (ch) %Get all keys that are being pressed (Allows for multiple keyboard inputs
    if ch (KEY_UP_ARROW) then %If the up arrow key is pressed
        %Erases current box
        drawfillbox (Verticle_Line (Column_Position) + 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position) + 1, Verticle_Line (Column_Position + 1) - 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position + 1) - 1, 0)
        Row_Position += SpaceSize %Brings box up desired number of spaces on the grid
        if Row_Position > Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes - 1 then %If the box is past the top part of the grid bring to the top row
            Row_Position := Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes - 1
        end if
        %draws the box in its place
        drawfillbox (Verticle_Line (Column_Position) + 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position) + 1, Verticle_Line (Column_Position + 1) - 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position + 1) - 1, brightred)
        View.Update %redraws the screen
    end if
    if ch (KEY_DOWN_ARROW) then %If the down arrow key is pressed
        %Erases current box
        drawfillbox (Verticle_Line (Column_Position) + 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position) + 1, Verticle_Line (Column_Position + 1) - 1, Horizontal_Line (Row_Position + 1) - 1, 0)
        Row_Position -= SpaceSize %Brings box down desired number of spaces on the grid
        if Row_Position < 1 then
            Row_Position := 1
        end if
    end if
    if ch (KEY_RIGHT_ARROW) then %If the right arrow key is pressed
        %Erases current box
        Column_Position += SpaceSize %Brings box right desired number of spaces on the grid
        if Column_Position > Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes - 1 then
            Column_Position := Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes - 1
        end if
    end if
    if ch (KEY_LEFT_ARROW) then %If the left arrow key is pressed
        %Erases current box
        Column_Position -= SpaceSize %Brings box left desired number of spaces on the grid
        if Column_Position < 1 then
            Column_Position := 1
        end if
    end if
    if ch ('g') or ch ('G') then %If g is pressed
        if Show_Grid = false then %If grid is not being shown then show it
            Show_Grid := true
            for row : 1 .. Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes
                drawline (Verticle_Line (row), 0, Verticle_Line (row), maxy, 7)
            end for
            for col : 1 .. Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes
                drawline (0, Horizontal_Line (col), maxx, Horizontal_Line (col), 7)
            end for
        else %If grid is being shown then hide
            Show_Grid := false
            for row : 1 .. Num_Of_Verticle_Boxes
                drawline (Verticle_Line (row), 0, Verticle_Line (row), maxy, 0)
            end for
            for col : 1 .. Num_Of_Horizontal_Boxes
                drawline (0, Horizontal_Line (col), maxx, Horizontal_Line (col), 0)
            end for
        end if
        View.Update %redraw the screen
        delay (500) %Stops the grid from switching between being shown and not being shown to quickly
    end if
end loop

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats a preaty good example of Input.KeyDown... I should link to this program from the tutorial Smile

+15Bits
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Chaoskiller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Gridding off the run window

hey umm how do you know what the name of a key is such as space bar, what would i enter in the bracets for that? i want to do I

if chars (Space bar) then
Zren

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:21 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Gridding off the run window

Chaoskiller @ Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:04 pm wrote:
hey umm how do you know what the name of a key is such as space bar, what would i enter in the bracets for that? i want to do I

if chars (Space bar) then

KEY_SHIFT

Look up Keyboard in the Turing Help for more.
TheGuardian001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Gridding off the run window

if chars(' ') then

You must use single quotes, not doubles.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: