Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Code still available even if team chooses not to show
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bbi5291

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm   Post subject: Code still available even if team chooses not to show

For example, look here. There are no links to the code of Delay(-1). I suppose they have unchecked the "Show Team's Code For Past Contests" box. But if I go here, I can still access their code. The 723 is their team ID (the same number appears in the URL of the team profile), the 61 is the same for everyone, the 0 is their submission number, and it's often possible to guess the filename -- something like dwite1 or p1 followed by an ordinary language extension like .cpp, .pas, or .java.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chili5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:17 am   Post subject: RE:Code still available even if team chooses not to show

Thanks for sharing. Honestly, I think having a feature to hide code is pointless. If it is just for training then what is the point? Looking at others code is a really great way to learn.

Like from last round, I learned a lot just from looking at the code from p5.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:27 am   Post subject: RE:Code still available even if team chooses not to show

This is a known issue, and i have been meaning to fix it but it is a low priority compared to things like making the judge run faster.

Personally i would rather have all teams code viewable witch is how the system used to work but due to some complaints we added the hack to just not show the links.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: