Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Picture to Code
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:35 pm   Post subject: Picture to Code

Here is a program I made check it out and tell me what you think about it and what should or could be changed ideas/comments are welcome

THNX Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I love it! A very usefull application IN Turing FOR Turing.

A++ Very Happy

btw, the file and its contents have been scanned for viruses by me and appear to be clean.

Mod Edit: Delta has been awarded 15 bits for his application, excellent work! Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, its really cool... a must have if you're doing one of those turing animation assigments Very Happy

the only thing I'd like to see is history Wink since you're keeping track of code to output anyway, this shouldnt be a problem.

+ if you draw an outline to see how the object will appear it would be nice... you can erase it and redraw the image using the history Wink

otherwise - good job
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:21 am   Post subject: THNX

Thanks for the comments Very Happy really appreciate them I'll see what I can do about the outline as you draw because I did it in the beta version but ended up taking it out in the end because of problems that would continously occur. Crying or Very sad

But I will try again

Thnx again
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:28 am   Post subject: Question

Okay Last time I did this when you click on the screen it would take a picture and record the code then as you drag it would draw and erase the object being drawn but it would draw over everthing else erasing it. This was of course overcome because as soon as you let go of the mouse button then it would clear the screen and draw the picture taken then draw the object drawn on top of it. Is this what you wanted me to do or is there a better and easier way to do this Question
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no, thats exactly what I was thinking... there's probably a more efficient way of doing it, but not with turing Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
CITC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good work on that.
my friend and I made a quick program that takes any picture and reads the colour of every pixel and outputs it as code (Draw.Dot ....)
with this it means you can use any picture, not just Turing lines / maple leafs etc. but unfortunately if you have,say, a 200x200 picture thats 40-000 pixles meaning 40000 lines of code... I wonder if it is at all possible to make this better... don't imagine so.

anyways, good work!
Boarder16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet.. good work.. i can see it being very useful for some beginners to learn on who can't draw using the commands...this is the first tiem i've given ANYONE BITS... so u better enjoy them : )
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty good, kinda confusing to use.

+5 BITS
rekearb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, can you make like an undo option?

and are there any more programs that are like this? i woudl really like it, thank you!
icemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

beautiful A++ good job
have some bits
sport

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is one of the best up to date programs plus it is useful. Great job, but it would be nice to see what you draw. I thing you should allow the cursor to be shown while you are drawing.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: