Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DWITE: november 2003
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:57 pm   Post subject: DWITE: november 2003

so how'd everyone do? Very Happy
my team managed to beat our previous score of -6 by a whopping 6 points! w00t!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
santabruzer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a wha?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol Laughing DWITE is a programming contest that is basically just a practice for CCC. Half the teams come from Massey Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it was funny, cuz I skipped like an hour or so to take my Biology test, and then to go for lunch.

dodge_tomahawk still managed to do one question with whatdotcolor, lol, guess somethings never change
santabruzer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i guess our school is too cheap for this.... so i never even heard of this contest... Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
dodge_tomahawk still managed to do one question with whatdotcolor, lol, guess somethings never change

they managed to get the whatdotcolour program working with the dos compiler? i remember mr. mckenzie telling them that drawfill had a bug in it and they all got upset. ah... good times.
StrikerMagazine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

our team got a score of..

wait for it...

ZERO ^^

we sent in all our solutions properly but never got a response.. i guess there's always next time?
i'm surprised that andy could use whatdotcolour 0_0 not just because it used a DOS compiler.. but because that would involve some degree of output in graphics mode (right?) so it could lead to problems when the server tries to run your prog.. in graphics mode, when the program terminates, the window doesn't close (i think that's how it was) so it might not count the program as terminating within the 5.0s timeframe? (wow.. i miss turing XD)
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

StrikerMagazine wrote:
our team got a score of..

wait for it...

ZERO ^^

uhh... yeah, we were on the same team Razz (Nick)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StrikerMagazine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o___O you're nick??? *smacks forehead* i thought it was mazer was mike XD i'm sorry.. X_X the 'massey people' topic got me all mixed up with people's names X_X
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't be sorry, just don't do it again (because if you do, you'll be really sorry).

here, have some bits.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, hey it wasnt me this time, it was belinda! give her some credit, and no nick we didnt get it working on the dos complier, so we just compiled it in 4.04 and sent them a 700kb program lol. and azn, ur team was cheating like crazy!!!!
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do you cheat in a programming contest? Thinking

well unless you just hardcode the output Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, in dwite, you can only use one comp, azn's team however used three... and they locked everybody elses computer up using the teacher's account 3 mins before the thing was over
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow! 3 minutes!!!

it wasn't even me, it was one person on my team and he didn't even knew that he was remote controlling all the other computers. And for the using three computers, yeah, we were, cause two of my team members were stupid, and thinks that it's ok.

I was following the rules, and I was actually coding stuff on paper, but when it's my turn to type all the stuff out, my team member started typing on the other computers, i told them to stop, but they think they are too good for rules, what am I suppose to do? Stop coding and get even less marks?
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea! so my team can do better... lol
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: