Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 attachment mod
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
santabruzer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:50 pm   Post subject: attachment mod

How the heck do you install this thing anywho?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.phpbbhacks.com
find all the mods u want there and the install instructions are in the zipped file that u download...
santabruzer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The prob is that the instructions are pretty stupid.. and don't tell anything to people that never added mods...
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

exeactly what part of the insutrctions are you having problems with?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
santabruzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i've upped all of the files.. with the correct directories, and i have no clue what to do from there.

Quote:
These are the basic Instructions for editing existing phpBB2 Files, taken from the Mod Template Tutorial at http://www.phpbb.com:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

Open a specific file.

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

Find a piece of code within the opened file.

After this there are other commands, but i don't get first what do they have to have with the installation, nor do i understand them. When i checked the PHPbb instructions.. well they weren't there... Sad
octopi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There will be a file, this file contains instructions for installing the mod....You just follow the instructions, and then you'll have it installed...

Like, it will tell you to open a file, and then look for a certain line in the file....then it will say below, or above that line enter this new line.

Then once you've done all those steps, your finished.

(Most, if not all mod installs are manual)
santabruzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok.. well that worked, and i gained some experience in modding Smile ... anywho.. the instructions for this file would take at least an hour.. so i installed "Easy Mod"..... Now... when i upload "attach_mod" into ".../admin/mods/" it firstly doesn't appear. So then i take out the "install.txt" file and copy it from ".../admin/mods/attach_mod/doc" to just plain ".../admin/mods/attach_mod/"... but the problem now.. it's all screwy.. I was wondering what you are supposed to do... any ideas?
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: