Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ultima Online
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hackman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:17 am   Post subject: Ultima Online

Just wondering if anyone here plays Ultima Online? Im planing on makeing a program for it with skill guides, weapon guides, house guides etc. all in one place.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Rudiger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

go do it and waht are you going to make it form (what language)?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hopefully not turing, because turing's net connection module is really really messed up, very inacurate
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am wroking on a 3D MMORPG, and i can tell you this dont holed your breth. do you know how much work is invalued in that? i mean just the net comnuication part of it whould take tones of time.

but if ya crazzy like me and whount to do it anway i whould recomned doing it in Java. it has some 3D APIs and is protable to almost all the os they got out there.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
do you know how much work is invalued in that?

most of which Dan will be doing Laughing And thats fine by me Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
hackman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Misundrstanding. I am not makeing a game, i am makeing a help program for the game. Im sure you all know the basic structure of an online game. Make an item--->gain a point in tthat skill--->repeat 50 times till you go up a level--->start making the next best item. Well im makeing a program with guides on all of these skills, eg-what to make to get the best skill gains. Experience calculators, eg-enter your magery level and the level you want to get it to, and it will tell you how many times you need to cast each spell to reach that level. Maps. And more stuff like that. It will be made with turing, because it wont acualy need to conect to the net.

P.S.- Whats the game gona be called Dan?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i was never good at making names for games, so it will ether end up beining somting realy dum or tony will end up naming it "Dan's Dum Game" or DDG for short Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
well i was never good at making names for games, so it will ether end up beining somting realy dum or tony will end up naming it "Dan's Dum Game" or DDG for short Wink

Dance Dance Gevolution? Razz
i'm sure your game will become very popular, dan Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lmao, oh yeah, I'm going to first in line for DDG, does it come with good dance pads?

anyways, you could always called it QFTB II or something like that
TheDarkArcher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:27 pm   Post subject: hmm... ultima never played it

i have heard of it and i have seen it but nevr actualy played it but i have heard from my friends that hev played a free trialthat it was very bad i don't know i'll have to decide formy self and see. So you can do whatever you
Shocked Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki is the ddr queen...
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:47 pm   Post subject: Naoki

Yeah, Naoki...droool. I'd hit that.

Man, I can't picture AsianSensation on a DDR pad... that's about as plausible as Naoki as our school's star QB. (I'm our school's backup...lol)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I think I reached the post requirement for the next rank...of NOVICE!

Anybody here play any sports? Other than DDR or keyboard tossing?

"AAAAGHHEALMEHEALMEHEALMEHEALMEHEALME....oh, forget it, I'm dead."
strife_8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yup, i play football. Wait a tick, im on your team Laughing i play many positions LO/SE/L3/CB/BW 8) . lol
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

massey football is craaaaaaaaap! Razz Razz Razz

COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP COMP SCIIEEEEENNNNCE!
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah... we could turn computer science into a sport... like keyboard throwing or mouse kicking Laughing Russians already have anual competitions in those areas Laughing

seriously though - I'm into snowboarding and rollerblading. If anyone else snowboards, send me a PM during x-mas break - we might have a trip to Mount St Louice/Moonstone or Blue Mountain (depending on how far I'm willing to drive). 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: