Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A bit of javascript editing.
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
WOIKeller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 pm   Post subject: A bit of javascript editing.

code:
javascript /:document.body.contentEditable='true';%20document.designMode='on';%20void%200

code:
javascript /:document.body.contentEditable='false';%20document.designMode='off';%20void%200

Copy and paste this code into your URL bar of your browser to have some fun editing ANY website. Now keep in mind that this doesn't actually save the changes but it dose let you have a heck of a lot of fun with websites. Try it on CompSci for instance.

P.S. Just as a side note the first turns it on and the second turns it off. As well remove the " /" after javascript for it to work.

P.P.S. I have only tested this with FireFox but it 'Should' work on any major browser.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:45 pm   Post subject: RE:A bit of javascript editing.

Why not just use Firebug or similar dev tools in WebKit?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
DtY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:24 am   Post subject: Re: A bit of javascript editing.

WOIKeller @ Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 pm wrote:
P.P.S. I have only tested this with FireFox but it 'Should' work on any major browser.

It only works in netscape based browsers
andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:58 pm   Post subject: RE:A bit of javascript editing.

Doesn't work for me. I tried it with Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4.0.2 on Mac and it doesn't work. It just brings up that stupid Rogers 404 search page. God, I hate Rogers, but at least it's better than Bell (where I live).
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:32 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:A bit of javascript editing.

Tony @ Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:45 pm wrote:
Why not just use Firebug or similar dev tools in WebKit?

Firebug is the best tool for this. Edit HTML, CSS, and script. Great for dev AND trying to break/hack your pages!
WOIKeller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 pm   Post subject: RE:A bit of javascript editing.

I guess Firebug would work better then that but it seems rather cool to be able to do some fun editing with some simple java script.
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: