Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Java IDEs and Editors
Index -> Java
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Which is the best IDE in your opinion?
(No ending time set)
Eclipse
39%
 39%  [ 57 ]
Borland JBuilder
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Netbeans
20%
 20%  [ 30 ]
SunOne Studio
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
JCreator
20%
 20%  [ 29 ]
XCode
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
IntelliJ
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Dr Java
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Jedit
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Blue J
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
JDeveloper
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
WebSphere
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 143

shadowman544

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Java IDEs and Editors

dont bother nick is delusional JGrasp sucks in comparison to most other IDEs i downloaded eclipse to use instead because it is so much nicer that jgrasp. nick couldnt run eclipse so he doesnt know the crime he has committed by using jgrasp in it's sted
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:10 am   Post subject: RE:Java IDEs and Editors

I love eclipse <3
going to use it for C++ development as well
andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Java IDEs and Editors

I really like Eclipse, but most of the time I just use a text editor and the terminal to compile and run my source.
TheGuardian001

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Java IDEs and Editors

I use eclipse, since it's easy to use and functional. And I hate messing around with command line compilers. It's the first one I was introduced to and I've never really used another one.
Kam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:39 am   Post subject: RE:Java IDEs and Editors

I first used text files and command lines to learn Java. My grade 10 computer science teacher told our class to JCreator, which I got used to then. But there were so many problems with JCreator (ie. sometimes you run a program and it runs a different one, the errors are misleading and confusing when I first started). So, I found eclipse with a few friends and we tried it out. It was so much better than JCreator so we pasted the eclipse files into the school computers and used them instead.

eclipse is, without a doubt, the best Smile
andrew.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Java IDEs and Editors

We had to use JCreator as well Kam, but my teacher let me install Linux on the computer and I used Eclipse from there. Now we use JGrasp though, it's better than JCreator, but not as good as Eclipse. It's simple to use though like JCreator.
   Index -> Java
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: