Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 www.derbauer.de
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Radiohead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:18 pm   Post subject: www.derbauer.de

Before reading.. go to www.derbauer.de

Now . .if ANY ONE knows how they trick flash like that.. ( to get the liquid chrome effect ) I would like to know.

And Tony.. I ask a small favor of you.. I have gotten in contact with the site manager or w/e.. and I got a reply saying that they do not give out programming techniques ( probably to the public )
The favor is .. could u please try to get in contact with them through their site and since u own a popular web site. Maybe they will give you some info..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

probably rendered in something else (like 3dsmax) and still were prob brought into flash
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, it looks good 8) But hey, I can see why one would want to keep that kind of technique to himself. You gotta respect skillz.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, for amailer...thats nothing Rolling Eyes
Hmm, i can make that effect in PS (ez),

But...I can't import anything with out changing it qulity, in FLASH !!!!
Radiohead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

catalyst, tony, Amailer

you are right.. but Amailer.. can u plz make a button like that.. and post it up here..

( button or movie.. ) doesent matter..

ty..

and i got a new site that u sould check out..

i went to it last night and cleared up some of the stuff i didnt know.. ( the stuff on Derbauer.de)

http://www.ultrashock.com/

check it out.. Arrow
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ill make the image, you make button ;D
my importing images in flash is messed :S
Radiohead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not a pro in flash but il c what i can do..

what are you using to make the image.. ?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Hmm, i can make that effect in PS
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Radiohead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ty man..

( theres no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people.. ) Arrow i didnt notice that he wrote that.. but .. ya .. ty
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That effect can be easily duplicated in PS. Since the animated portions of the image are pretty small, you could probably import them into flash without degrading the image quality too much to keep the file size low.

However, I'm willing to bet that particular effect was originally created in a 3D imaging program like Catalyst suggested. It would be easier to make each frame that way.

If you are really interested I could write a small PS tutorial on how to make a simple chrome effect (very easy). However, your on your own for the animation part. Wink
Radiohead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

omg.. reading part of this guys reply ( the guy above this posting ) makes me feel like a nerd.. .. just glancing at his quote.. w/e..

i guess.. but i dont have that .. p.. w/e program..

so is there any way to do this in flash.. with photoshop to make the pics.. or.. w/e..
?
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

with PS it will look...dumb, and not smooth like it is.
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
with PS it will look...dumb, and not smooth like it is.

Are you talking about the animation or the image? The image will be perfectly smooth. The animation can be equally smooth but the file size would be ridiculous.

I was talking about creating the image in PS then animating it in flash.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

image in PS will be good, but when you try to do what those guys did on the site, i hardly think you will get the same results ;D
Radiohead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Obviously , that's what I have been saying
I can pull that pic out of my a** but I cant make that animation as nice and smooth as they did, that's why they have their own web site and do what they do,
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: