Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 i need help with action script ( simple)
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Radiohead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:47 pm   Post subject: i need help with action script ( simple)

Question HELP.. HELP.. HELP.. Question

ok.. im pulling my hair out of my head trying to figure this s*** out

ok.. im not new to flash.. but im having trouble with action script

here is the situation

on my first frame, i have a buton that plays a movie when in the over and down position, if the mouse goes OUT, frame 3-11 apears on the stage and takes its place, does its thing.. then comes back to frame one

now. frame 2.. is the result of frame 1, after the buton on frame 1 is clicked, frame 2 comes in and does its thing.. then stops ( like i comanded it to.. )

now.. frame 13 is the end of my buton..and it has a movie on it that is about 150 frames long and 9 or 10 layers thick.. now.. what i want to do is , when freme 2 ends after its 100 or w/e # of frames, i want frame 13 to come in and just play ( frame 13 is the end. if u forgot)

how do i play frame 2 for how ever long it has to go.. and then jump to frame 13 WITHOUT ANY CLICKING OR ANYTHING??????[/img]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flash's actionscript has GoToFrame or something along those lines. Using that, you can jump between frames and such.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
nis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In the last frame of the Movie clip add the code

_root.gotoAndPlay(13)

I think that is what you are trying to do. Ne ways good luck wiht that
Radiohead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:35 pm   Post subject: ty

thanks nis.. .. it worked

um..

administrator guy... i want to post this up ( the button i just did.. cause its cool ) how can i do this.. ?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol Laughing it's Tony 8)

anyways, just start a new post in Flsh MX Submissions and you should see "Add an Attachment" button right above Preview/Submit. Attach your file and it should all work Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Radiohead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok.. Tony... i saw ur name after i posted the reply.. lol.. sorry bro..

any who.. heres what i was working on..
this is just a simple type of buton i want to make.. future ones will be way more complex

ty.. and tell me what you think.

incomplete ( 2- 13).swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.09 KB
 Viewed:  5453 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's good, but the animation should be faster. Good design and interactivity makes sites look good, but they should not cut too much into the load and navigation speeds.
Radiohead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the feedback. I made a few changes and I'm going to use it in a presentation for school soon. Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Draemus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That's pretty cool, dude. I have now been inspired to play with action script. Thanks, guY!
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: