Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Threads on This Forum?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:31 pm   Post subject: New Threads on This Forum?

If I am correct, this is supposed to be a computer science forum. But all the topics I see are on computer programming (ie. different languages).

Where are the data structures, artificial intelligence, operating systems, software engineering, theory of parsing, etc... threads???
This forum should be called compprogramming.ca imo Twisted Evil

I think we should have threads on more than just languages. Thoughts?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Saad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 pm   Post subject: Re: New Threads on This Forum?

The description of general programming is the following:
"Comments, questions and ideas that are non-language specific or pertaining to a language not covered by these forums." I think the problem might just be the naming in which General Programming should be something like General Programming/Computer Science Talk.

Also, I think that there isn't much of posting going on so I'm not sure whether adding more boards is effective or just more clutter for the forum.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 pm   Post subject: Re: New Threads on This Forum?

Dark @ Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:31 pm wrote:
I think we should have threads on more than just languages. Thoughts?

I think you should take the initiative and make some new threads on the topics that interest you. Provoke some discussion, and the content will follow.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Brightguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm   Post subject: Re: New Threads on This Forum?

Thank you. I've long felt the same way. How about this recent observation:
matt271 @ Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:35 pm wrote:
there is no math section so i didnt know where to post this.

This site has a Photoshop Tutorials forum, which has nothing to do with CS, and which hasn't been used in over a year. But it doesn't have a math forum, the very raison d'être of CS, and for which there have been a handful of questions regarding.
andrew.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 pm   Post subject: RE:New Threads on This Forum?

Maybe I should post some Photoshop tutorials then. My friend and I are pretty decent at Photoshop and we could write up some tutorials.
SJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:04 am   Post subject: RE:New Threads on This Forum?

it would be much nicer if you were to write up some algorithm/data stucture tutorials.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: