Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Centipede
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
vexd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:06 pm   Post subject: Centipede

made this for school got around 100% (newbies can learn from, people from my school can get 100% from this Smile)

Also: this game is pretty well documented meaning all procedures/subs have "input/out, purpose, result" etc...check it out..nicely formatted also lol

getInteger.t
 Description:
this is a library the game needs, it has only 1 function getInteger(), it is BOB proof as my teacher likes to call it..which means its pretty hard to crash it, and all you have to do is send a high and a low number to it. It is documented too.

Download
 Filename:  getInteger.t
 Filesize:  1.6 KB
 Downloaded:  446 Time(s)

Centipede.t
 Description:
the main game

Download
 Filename:  Centipede.t
 Filesize:  7.36 KB
 Downloaded:  451 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the game should come with instructions. I figured I got to use NumPad to control... something or other... but game keeps on crashing no matter what I press Mad
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
poly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im having the same problem as Tony...whatever I hit it crashes...how do we know who we are and what are the controls.... maybe instructions would be great idea
vexd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright the answer to your problems are...the game was written in Turing 3.1.

also when you start off, ur a dot inside a circle. it shows you..and when u press a button it goes away...

also, the controls are just the num pad, including vertical movement and 5 is to pause....

so give the game a try in turing 3.1 it works and its almost 99% crash proof..

sorry for no instructions before Sad this was made for school , so the prof knew what to check.

edit: also the point of the game is to not hit the obstacles (the green wall or the edges) The longer you spend touching the white space, the faster you go, you get poitns for beign alive, but you get even more if you go over cherries (red pixels) and you slow down as your reward..so give it a shot.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: