Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hello
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:12 pm   Post subject: Hello

This is my first post/thread and I started it with the intention of getting to know everyone. Very Happy

I heard about this site through my friend's from school. I finally decided to check out the site today because I just started Turing and I thought it would be nice to get all of the introductions out of the way so when I have some real questions, I'd be ready to post 'em.

I'm not much of a programmer but I'm one heck of a good technician. Laughing Wink

BTW, can someone explain the "bits" thing? I'm sure it's probably documented somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it... Rolling Eyes

Go Massey! w00t!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
I'm not much of a programmer but I'm one heck of a good technician

i am opposite BooHoo

Quote:

can someone explain the "bits" thing?

you can use them to buy stuff from the shops... suck up to the mods to get lotso bits
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

massey eh? Did Martin tell you about the site? Although there's quite a bit of people from Massey over here Laughing

Anyways, I'm Tony - co-creator and co-admin of this website. Welcome 8) Site is also run by Dan... You'll hear quite a bit about his spelling mistakes Wink

Bits are like points. You get them for participation in discussions. You can't do much with them, though you could "buy" yourself some text effect for your nick. Be warned! - you can't sell them back.. .as in you get no bits back. You can also donate bits to other users.

Mazer is a good person to mootch bits off. He doesn't care for them, but posts quite a bit Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do you figure massey tony? Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Hello

LovelyCrap wrote:

Go Massey! w00t!
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohoy ohoy... welcome...
i'm the potsmoker in these forums... i know some basics of phreaking and hacking... do programing...and some hardware stuffs sometimes...
yeah that is all... Head Bang
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

funny thing is, I think I have you on my MSN list, but i don't know who you are..... Thinking

anyways, yeah, there are a bunch of people from Massey, most of them are pretty good programmers, so ask all the questions you need to, we'd be glad to answer you.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm Martin Smile

Welcome to CompSci Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hello
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst wrote:
Hello

umm... Thinking yeah, Catalyst doesn't say much, but he's a heck of a programmer. He can write up some amazing 3D engine code in turing Laughing
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What up!
welcoem to compsci ;D

HMM for more info.....check my profile Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

welcome to the forums. have fun, and learn stuff.

PS: bits are VERY important. trust me. here, have some of mine...
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I probably will just lurk a lot at first, until I've gotten somewhat proficient at Turing, at which point I will commence with the spamming. Wink

AsianSensation wrote:
funny thing is, I think I have you on my MSN list, but i don't know who you are..... Thinking

anyways, yeah, there are a bunch of people from Massey, most of them are pretty good programmers, so ask all the questions you need to, we'd be glad to answer you.

You disappoint me Meng. Big fat clue: I went you your grade school.

And whats this about you getting a new computer? I thought I was gonna build you a pimprig.....

Ohh well, I guess you will just have to live with a crappy pre-built.... Rolling Eyes Wink

tony wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
Hello

umm... Thinking yeah, Catalyst doesn't say much, but he's a heck of a programmer. He can write up some amazing 3D engine code in turing Laughing

Is the 3D engine code in the submissions forum? Turing has been a huge bore for me so far but the possibility of a 3D engine is making Computer Science sound like a fun class....
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Doh!

Mike?

for real? That was you?

man, I need to get my eyes checked or something....
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hi

i am Dan, i am the one that gets blamed if anything has a bug in it on the site or stops wrok Evil or Very Mad

i am also kind of the "protector" of this site wich means if you try to hack it or mess with it i come after intill you got nothing left of you online Twisted Evil

as for the 3d engion (i am asoming for turing), i bivle the code is in the tutorials fourm. the search thing will help you out alot if you are in need.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: