Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is the Waterloo Co-Op Computer Engineering program like?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
x30Jx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:29 am   Post subject: What is the Waterloo Co-Op Computer Engineering program like?

I am trying to decide between the Computer Enginreering Co-Op at Waterloo and the Computer Engineering Program (not Co-Op) at McMaster University. I just wanted to ask if anybody can recommend one of these and or tell about experiences....

Thanks Very Much.
Joe
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:56 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the Waterloo Co-Op Computer Engineering program like?

If you are asking about co-op vs. not, then personally I'm in favour of the co-op system. Every 4 months you get to go job hunting in a vaguely relevant field. I enjoy the change of pace and taking a break from school. You get to graduate with experience and industry contacts.

Although you typically gets summers off from non co-op programs, so you could work then. The only difference being that there is more competition during summer terms, and your schools helps you less with the job hunt.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
endless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the Waterloo Co-Op Computer Engineering program like?

i've been searching on waterloo's site with no prevail, but since we are on the topic, can someone confirm what % you need to stay in co op once you are enrolled into it?

sorry for the tangent.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:41 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the Waterloo Co-Op Computer Engineering program like?

I believe that Comp Eng is co-op only.

CS has a baseline at maybe 70%
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
endless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the Waterloo Co-Op Computer Engineering program like?

okay, CS is what i was asking about, thanks.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: