Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 HTML to PDF conversion
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
da_foz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:57 pm   Post subject: HTML to PDF conversion

What I need is some software that can sit on a Linux server and convert documents (HTML pages) to PDF documents on demand.

A user would have a button on a webpage which they press and get a PDF.

Does anyone know what I can use that will do this.

Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could generate the PDFs with PHP using something like this.
da_foz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

cartoon_shark wrote:
You could generate the PDFs with PHP using something like this.

Version number: v 009e with Fonts
Released: March 19, 2003

Have you used this one in particular? Does not seem like its very active.

I'm having major trouble getting info on the project (and others) because sourceforge.net is timing out. I will look into it more later when I can access the site.
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I've been trying to get another solution working, but I'm not that used to using Linux so it's been a bit hard. It looks very promising and it's actively developed, but it's just a matter of getting it working on your system. It can be found here. Good luck.
da_foz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cartoon_shark wrote:
I've been trying to get another solution working, but I'm not that used to using Linux so it's been a bit hard. It looks very promising and it's actively developed, but it's just a matter of getting it working on your system. It can be found here. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

I also found another one:
http://tufat.com/script19.htm
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Funny, I just spent several hours looking for something to do something very similar.
I've ended up with PDFCreator, a virtual PDF printer. Get it at SourceForge. It works well, running off something called GhostScript...not entirely sure what that is.
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

da_foz wrote:
I also found another one:
http://tufat.com/script19.htm

It looks like that one does much the same thing as the one I found. You need html2ps and ps2pdf installed on the machine then it should work.

Delos wrote:
Funny, I just spent several hours looking for something to do something very similar.
I've ended up with PDFCreator, a virtual PDF printer. Get it at SourceForge. It works well, running off something called GhostScript...not entirely sure what that is.
The problem with PDFCreator is it's written in VisualBasic and not available on Linux. It works well for creating PDFs from any program, but it wouldn't work for this.
da_foz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:

There is a way to do that in SAMBA. I don't have the link right now (I have it bookmarked at work). I will try to remember to post it on Monday, if I forget message me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
da_foz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

As promised, here the SAMBA thing. It the sys admin in my office really excited when I showed it to him.

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html
lzla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:14 am   Post subject: Re: HTML to PDF conversion

da_foz @ Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:57 pm wrote:
What I need is some software that can sit on a Linux server and convert documents (HTML pages) to PDF documents on demand.

A user would have a button on a webpage which they press and get a PDF.

Does anyone know what I can use that will do this.

Thanks.

Useful url, code examples for PHP, Java and ASP:

http://www.dancrintea.ro/html-to-pdf/
syntax_error

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:23 pm   Post subject: RE:HTML to PDF conversion

necro-posting much?
Vertico

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:45 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:HTML to PDF conversion

syntax_error @ Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:23 pm wrote:
necro-posting much?

Complain about necro-posting much?
rdrake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:57 pm   Post subject: RE:HTML to PDF conversion

It's strange that we still don't have topics older than a year or two auto locking.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:54 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:HTML to PDF conversion

rdrake @ 10th February 2009, 8:57 pm wrote:
It's strange that we still don't have topics older than a year or two auto locking.

I don't see what's strange about it. It has been brought up before and each time i say i don't have time but if some one wants to implment it i can give them access to the code.....still no takers Razz.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: