Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Admission Averages
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Admission Averages

Schools Applied To:
Waterloo - Computer science.
Waterloo - Software Engineering
Brock - Computer science (something like that anyway...)

Application Average:

Schools Accepted To:
All

Brock - responded first. mid January. first set of offers. got full scholarship.
Waterloo comp sci - Responded a week later. late January. still first set of offers. only got $2000 scholarship
Waterloo soft eng - I didn't take chem. ended up canceling my application anyway. decided I didn't want to do software engineering anyway

Additional Information:
sent in Waterloo AIF for comp sci and soft eng. That's all. Had a ton of extracurriculars and a lot of work (jobs I mean). Volunteering is good as well. Helps with scholarships anyway.

If you have 85+ average, you're going to get in provided you submit all necessary paperwork like the AIF (or anything similar for other schools).
Anything 80+ average, you're going to get into a VERY GOOD school. Not necessarily the *one* you want, but Waterloo computer engineering isn't the only school for you ... there are many more (just as an example).

And make sure you have at least a 70 in English. If you've got all 90s in maths and computer courses but a 55 in English, you still might not get in. You need a decent (not amazing) English mark as well.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BafisComen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

For Waterloo,what if you have an 85+ average but very few extracurriculars? I don't even have my 40 hours yet. I did do the CCC and the Canadian Open though. But how would my lack of extracurriculars otherwise affect my chances of getting in? (my average is 87% for now)
BafisComen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

BUMP

Schools Applied to:
Waterloo Computer Science
Western Ontario Science
UofT Computer Science w/ Artificial Intelligence Option
McMaster Engineering 1
Queen's Computing
Carleton - Computer Science w/ Computer Game Development option

Averages:
Chemistry 85
Advanced Functions 87
Computer Science 96
Physics 88
Calculus 89

Result: Accepted to Carleton (based off grade 11 marks) so far, anyone else?
endless

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

i got early acceptance to carleton for comp science too. as well as geomatics at waterloo. (around 85 av.)
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Admission Averages

W00t I just got my letter of acceptance from UW for CS(on my birthday too ^_^ ).

Applied to:
CS at UW (accepted)
Pure Math at UW (accepted)
CS at WLU (accepted)

My Grades:

CS: 92
chemistry: 88
English: 84
physics: 79 (it's a lot lower than I though)
Calc and Vectors: 95
Advanced functions: 95

My extracurricular was average. I was in 2 clubs, had a job, volunteered at the YMCA and spent a lot of time programming. My average is 88, I though it was 90, but I was looking at my grade 11 mark Sad .Oh well I'm pretty sure I can get it over 90 if I work hard in Bio.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

95 in calculus ?! gratz man, that's awesome! i need to get me some extracurriculars then Sad
Amit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Admission Averages

I also just got my letter from Waterloo. I applied to Western, Queens, and Waterloo, and only Queens hasn't replied yet.

Marks:

English - 90
Spanish - 89
Adv. Functions - 85
Calc - 89
Data - 94

My marks were pretty good, but not amazing. I think what put me over the top was the contests, I got a school medal in for the Fermat and was a division champion in the junior CCC. I also work and play hockey and soccer.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

Waterloo shows a bit of favor to applicants who have written their math and programming contests correct?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Prabhakar Ragde

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

A bit. They play a greater role in scholarships (awarded after the spring round of contests).
BafisComen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Admission Averages

For everyone that has gotten admitted based on their grade 12 marks: have your marks been added on to your OUAC pages or did you send in your marks seperately?
Horus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Admission Averages

BafisComen @ Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 pm wrote:
For everyone that has gotten admitted based on their grade 12 marks: have your marks been added on to your OUAC pages or did you send in your marks seperately?

yea i'm wondering the same. my teachers said that they submitted my marks last week, but on the ouac website, my gr 12 marks still doesn't show
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

If you go on the SOCR site for course selection, you will find a transcript of all your marks, including the ones from semester 1 of this year.
endless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

ouac has my last semester's marks as of yesterday, although that will vary between high schools.
Veladen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Admission Averages

Schools Applied To:
Waterloo - Computer science.
Waterloo - Computer Engineering
McMaster - Computer Engineering

Application Average:

Schools Accepted To:
So far got early acceptance to Waterloo computer science.

Additional Information:
Does any one know the main differences between computer science and computer engineering. I have done some research on it but it is unclear. Does either degree have an advantage over the other when applying to a job?
petree08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am   Post subject: RE:Admission Averages

I got accepted to 4 out of 5 colleges, not to shabby
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 13  [ 189 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: