Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:39 pm   Post subject: [C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition

This is absolutely one of the best books about C++ I've ever encountered. If [you think] you are a true C++ developer, then you need to know everything in this book. I've been doing C++ for the last six or seven years, but I never knew most *WHY* most of the 55 tips in the book were used. Ever wonder about consts, and pointers and when to use them? calling virtual functions and error throwing in constructors/destructors? When should you do something and when shouldn't you? This book has them all! If you think Design Patterns is helpful, this book is 10x more so. If you want to know more about C++ than wtd? Read this book Wink
ISBN: 0-321-33487-6
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:37 am   Post subject: RE:[C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition

Does it cover template issues in great depth?
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:28 pm   Post subject: RE:[C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition

wtd, you can read the whole book here and tell us what you think Wink

No posting links to download copy righted material please.
yanko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:13 am   Post subject: RE:[C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition

do we need to know c++ to be able to read it? and understand it?
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:40 pm   Post subject: RE:[C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition

oops, my bad
Vertico

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:52 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:[C++ book] Effective C++ Third Edition

yanko @ Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:13 am wrote:
do we need to know c++ to be able to read it? and understand it?

The book was written for people who already know how to use C++ but wish to improve how they go about using certain techniques and improving overall.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: