Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 playing with microwaves
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:12 pm   Post subject: playing with microwaves

http://margo.student.utwente.nl/el/microwave/

http://www.amasci.com/weird/microexp.html

darn, i am so tempted to try some of these
has anybody else ever tried one of those before/are considering to try them?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
don't duplicate my tests unless you grow up to become an electronics tech, engineer, etc., and buy your OWN microwave oven

I guess if at some uni party we deside to trash the place, someone could through a handful of AOL CDs into a microwave... Just warn the others to take cover Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, another practical use of AOL cd's....dang we have a good list Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

krishon wrote:
we have a good list

plz share Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, there's a post or thread with like aol cd's probably on spam or somethin
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've actually done the CD thing. I wasn't aware of any dangerous gasses being emitted..... er.... crap....
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just gr8, i bet this is another one of thous posts where Dan will get sued when some one tryes this and gets killed. Oh well Rolling Eyes

P.S. direct all law suetes to ShutUpAndSueMe@compsci.ca thank you
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hahaha
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
hackman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Has anyone ever seen one of those mini furbies you used to get from McDonalds? Me and my brother tried sticking one of them in a microwave once. It was cool, you could see lightning shooting from screw to screw. It looked like it was in a net of electricity. Now that im older I probably wouldnt recomend trying this, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh Laughing

well my sujestion would be to get your hands on a cheap microwave (I think you can get one for $50 or so) to play with and a webcam (another $10~15). Set everything up in a garage, and run for cover after poping something in a microwave.

you'll be save and webcam will record the lightning bolts for later analysis and entertainment Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony, if you know somebody willing to do that let me know. i seriously want to see what happens in reali time, but i'm not stupid enough to try it myself
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh... well Martin and I plan on attending university together... I'm sure that we'll do something stupid like that some boring rainy day Laughing
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's really not as exciting as it sounds. There are a couple sparks and some smoke and thats about it....

If you want real excitement, get a can of hair spray.... no... wait....
several cans of hair spray. Then stick them in your oven and set to high.

Remember not to breath in the poisonous fumes. Wink
hackman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I got a hairspray trick. Although im douting i should poste it. But...

THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY! NEVER ATEMPT THIS!

1)colect a bunch of spray cans
2)put them in a garbage bag
3)drop a match in the bag
4)throw bag
5)run like hell

Never done this myself, but my uncle did it alot when he was a kid. He stoped doing it when it exploded on him and he had to ge to the ER. He says that the cans will shoot out of the bag and fly all over.
REMEMBER, THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS!
Loni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I once tried microwaving a rubber frog. That was the day that I realised every time you turn on the microwave the glass plate in it that you put the stuf on, turn in a different direction. But that is the extent of my microwavign adventures.
Loni
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: