Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 burning image files
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:50 pm   Post subject: burning image files

i'm trying to burn a cd using an image file that i acquired, but it's only the .bin (no .cue). does anybody know of a program that will let me burn an image using a bin file or one that will create a cue file for me? or do you think i should just take some other cue file and change the path?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well what you need to do is this:

Download a program called ISOBUSTER and use it to extract the bin into files in a folder.
Than just use like nero to burn a cd with all the files
Blade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahead Nero 6 - it can burn a bunch of files and i know that it can burn bin files..

dont do what was said above, because you may lose important information like boot records if your image has them...

but if you DO want to do that, then use winiso (it is the best program for that)

http://nero.com
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm using nero (version 6). and i see no option for using a bin file. for image files, there's *.nrg, *.iso, and *.cue no *.bin
my problem is i don't have a *.cue file to go with the bin. i don't want to try extracting the files and burning those for the same reason blade suggested, so i guess i'll try changing some other cue file. seems to have worked before.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah just grab ISOBUSTER, then you don't even need to burn it onto a cd as you can just copy the install files onto your desktop and install it from there. ooOOooOOoo. And, err...piracy is bad, I hope you choke. Buy your games, I...err...some of us...yeah I'm sure there's someone...anyway, buy your games. Grr...
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

whoa whoa whoa... whoever said about piracy? that was just an assumption that you made. and we all know about assumptions: they make you burn in hell. buuuurrrnnnn, martin, buuurrrnnn!

PS: i can't use isobuster and copy the install files because then i wouldn't really be able to play this on a playstation now would i? i mean, er... look! a distraction!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

usually you can just hack a cue up by copying one for another thing and just changing the filename for the bin using notepad
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm not sure, but i think roxio's easy cd creator can hadle .bin files... dont go out and buy it now, its $100.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well hell to that... i knwo i burned bin with nero before, i just checked and i cant... i asked my bro and he said he had to use CD-R Win...

but - i didnt like it... the trial only lets you burn at 1x ... but with my experience with psx games... you cant really burn any faster than 8x because it'll screw up... (i backup all my psx cuz they scratch easily)
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
usually you can just hack a cue up by copying one for another thing and just changing the filename for the bin using notepad

yeah, i tried that. worked for one game, but i screwed up two cd's trying it with this other one. unless i'm sure it'll work, i won't be burning many cds until i get more blanks.
poly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
dont do what was said above, because you may lose important information like boot records if your image has them...

I have yet to loose ANYTHING after burning 40+ bins/isos (used my method posted above)
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

poly wrote:
Quote:

I have yet to loose ANYTHING after burning 40+ bins/isos (used my method posted above)

then you haven't done much of a variety of burning because on some cd's there's important information and with some types of cd's there's different ways you have to record the track....

i'm saying your method wont work all the time... it will work for SOME things that you burn...

think about what i'm saying... if you dont get it... i feel sorry for you
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the cue file just sets up the offsets (like lead in or whatever) ... normally if you take like a cue file from one say dreamcast game it will work for most other dreamcast games (with changes to the filename of the bin file of course) or one for a playstation game will work for other playstation games

but my program of choice for bin/cues is fireburner ... I used to use cdr-win but switched to fireburner because it's a lot simpler (it doesn't screw around with a lot of fancy gui stuff, it just gets to the point if you know what you're doing)

for burning compilations of various files (like data files or music cds) where no image file is available, nero is definately my choice. I used to use adaptec easy cd creator (now roxio) but then found nero and the other ones. roxio I find is more for casual stuff because it's so easy to use for the basic stuff.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: