Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Getting software (VB 6.0)
Index -> Visual Basic and Other Basics
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Getting software (VB 6.0)

Moving this to the VB forum.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
isaiahk9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Getting software (VB 6.0)

@rdrake : No I just meant that minor syntax differences will make all the difference. My ending product needs to be done in VB 6.0 and the whole point of this was to write some code in VB 6.0 and stitch it together. The fact that VB 6EE has minor details makes all the differences, because the two pieces of code are not compatible (small syntax differences such as the program run-up is actual part of the code, labels have text instead of captions, timers are not on the form, etc.).

@ Europhacle : Ha ha, I love how this argument is making us actually care about the argument, when we've already pointed out that this was a pointless argument in the first place. And yes, you can follow the VB 6.0 tutorials with VB 6EE, to get the same projects. But, like I pointed out above, the syntax details make the difference. I wouldn't be stupid and claim that they would make a different language, but they just modified it a bit, which makes a big deal when trying to mesh them.

@ Everyone : thanx for the help, but it looks helpless. I never meant to argue about this in the first place (which seemed kind of side-tracked and foolish to do it in the first place). A guy I know got a copy off the internet, but I couldn't get it from the same source. Oh well, I guess I'll just write my code in Notepad again . . .
Brightguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:07 am   Post subject: Re: Getting software (VB 6.0)

Uhhh... what are you talking about? I haven't had trouble running VB6 code on Enterprise. Question
T.O

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Getting software (VB 6.0)

where can i get blitz
isaiahk9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Getting software (VB 6.0)

Just a tip, don't post in really old threads.
Especially when the thread is entitled "Getting VB 6.0", and you're looking for blitz. Best bet is to look for or create a thread in general discussion.
   Index -> Visual Basic and Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: