Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3 Years FREE! Internet hosting
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JSBN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:49 pm   Post subject: 3 Years FREE! Internet hosting

www.1and1.com is having a promo. where you get there PROFESSIONAL package free! for 3 years. I am suggesting you sign up for this if you need a free host. This places kicks ass and you get every thing you could ever want. normally this package costs 29.99$/mo. but you get it free! for 3 years!

I signed up, and i suggest you do the same!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sounds to good to be ture, but i will have to check it out....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
JSBN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Following Features Are All Included:

Website/Connectivity:
Hosted on I/O optimized own 1&1 Linux version
500 MB web space
5,000 MB/month traffic ($0.99 per GB for additional traffic)
No limits on simultaneous hits/bandwidth
Protected by firewall
Continuous backups of your website
99.9% Uptime guarantee
Website features:
Advanced live site statistics, log files, ready-to-run CGI-library, own CGI programming (Perl, Python), FrontPage 2002 extensions
Advanced Password Protection
5 FTP accounts
PHP3 & PHP4
MySQL
Proxy SSL Secure Server
Cron Jobs
SSH Secure Shell Access
Advanced Developer Tools
CRM/E-commerce:
WebElements
Newsletter Tool
One-on-one online dialogue
Turn-key web database applications
Chats
Forums
Domain names:
Register or transfer .com/.net/.org/.info for just $5.99/year
50 subdomains (e.g., shop.yourDomain.com)
Point up to 100 external domain names to 1&1
Applications:
Free template loaded online WebsiteCreator
Free full version of Fusion 7, search engine registration, ranking, optimization
Total software worth $300
1&1 Control Panel
E-mail handling:
50 POP3 e-mail accounts (50 MB each)
Catch-all e-mail addresses
Auto-responders, unlimited forwarding.
1&1 Advanced WebMail
Symantec virus scanner
Support:
1&1 Express support by e-mail
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh... subdomains... yo dan, maybe we should change hosts? Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This host does not have subdomains??? sad... lol ;D
Either way...do they send you a email or a mail....?
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

odd... the site aint working =S
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well it looks like you got to buy the domain from them and they dont do .ca Confused not shure about that tho. but from what i have seen is that if it looks to good to be ture it ushely is. JSBN have you ahcoualy tryed this host yet? just whonder b/c if i could find a better host for compsci.ca i whould go for it but right now our host alougth crapy in some ways is cheep and sports .ca
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i don't think they give .ca :S
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JSBN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, i have tried it and it works beautifuly. but the biggest problem is, is that u get a user id, not a user name. frankly, it's really hard to remember and that kinda sux0rs. also you get this really fux0rd link as your addresss (it like u43453465456457467658678.onlinehome.us ore somethis to that extent. (FYI, u can make it so that it points to a site, so dan wouldn't need to re-regiser comp-sci.ca with them. what is also weird is that to activate your account, they call your house. :S it was some kind of freaky.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They call your house or you call them?
+ only the free account has that huge link (a283127312 or w/e)

If you pay you will get a domain ;D
or transfer a domain
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I found a cool site,
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=a089e2d8b2a1c6fd4da790c49db8cd00&threadid=93699

topic is on BEST/WORST webhosting ;D and some are cool Very Happy
tlivingston

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

11.5. THE TOTAL SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE TO YOU AS THE RESULT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY ACTION OR FAILURE TO ACT WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF SERVICE FEES PAID BY YOU TO 1&1 IN THE [SIX MONTHS] IMMEDIATELY PROCEEDING ANY ALLEGATION OF ENTITLEMENT TO SUCH REMEDY, BUT IN NO EVENT TO EXCEED $150,000. IN NO EVENT SHALL 1&1 BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH ACTION OR INACTION WITHOUT REGARD TO THE LIKELIHOOD OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.

This was in the agreement you have to agree to. Seems to good to be true. I dunno
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I did not understand what that long and confusing sentance made up of lawer lingo said...

but seeing "$150,000", "breach of this agreement" and "you" in same sentance just makes me wonder Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I read it quickly....but...basically it says that if they screw up. then your limited to the amount you can sue them for.

Which is the amount of the total service fees for the last 6 months.
Not totalling more then 150,000$.
(So if you pay them 50,000/month....you can't sue them for 300,000, only 150,000$) There average rates like 30, so you could only sue for like 180$

But this is a free thing...so you can only sue for 0$...which is pointless.
JSBN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea, so supposedly, ur not allowed to mysql and i'm now writing to from jail. they sopenaed me...said it was jail or 1$Billion in 'damages'. My parents just laughed untill the cops came -_-. It's horrible here. But that teaches me to not read the license of agreement and err.... yea. They then confiscated my comp and saw that i had.... err 'Stuff' on it and that was another 50,000 fine. well life sucks, and my a$$ really hurts. FYI, if ur ever in prison and they as u hard or fast... choose fast.

err... FYI the above is all a lie... u can use the mysql DB and every thing works well... so far. check out my site (i had a little help from no-ip.com): http://mtro.no-ip.com
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: