Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A Last Hope RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tlivingston

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:11 pm   Post subject: A Last Hope RPG

I did this for my ISP last year and just didnt have time to submit it right away. I did it in the same class as krishon (but mine was better...lol)

Plz keep in mind that when i started programming this game i had like no skill/ knowledge and therefore the introduction and character selection + other things can be lame but there are some things i like.

Basically u go around killing aliens, getting money, gaining exp, growing levels, getting more life, killikng bigger things with bigger weapons, etc etc.

Best features are the save/load game, arcade, and playlist editor (keep in mind that these are just sample songs).

I've included everything (all the code, pics, music) etc and therefore the file is 43 megs compressed so i split it up into a few files.

Anyways, have fun and don't copy.

Ted

Edit: Finally got around to uploading the file Rolling Eyes It is now located over here
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Corybu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you didnt submit the files... lol.
tlivingston

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know, i typed that all out just to find out i couldnt submit the 7 meg file...lol...so im sending it to Tony as we speak and he will hopefully put it up...sorry for the confusion, Ted
krishon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yah...ted's wuz much bette rthan mine i do admit...got like all the damn marks neone can get...but this year it'll change, ted and i will make a java game that'll pwn...or we hope it will
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony or dan, u shuld get ted's game up....or at least an exe...cuz its really good
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

finally uploaded file - here

nice game, although very repeatitive. Have some +50Bits
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
tlivingston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't forget to check out the arcade in the game. Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When I run Arcade.t, alot of the variables have been created.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
tlivingston

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No no no, u gotta start in main. Then in the main game when you are in the city you go into the arcade. Main just accesses other files, they cant run on their own. Always use everyhting from main.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

FRIGGIN AWSOME , PLEASE MAKE MORE OF THIS STUFF I COULDNT STOP PLAYING IT ( AND CHEATING )
acidburn90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok...i cant seem to work this... main isnt an executable file... its one of those prgrams that you have to open with something... and when i try to open arcade for example... it does the same thing as
(sry dont know his name) the othe guy said...
could you please tell me how this works???
acidburn90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it doesnt seem to work.... am i supposed to copy the program from main... copy it into the arcade window that pops up... then play it???... cuz when i do that all the errors are fixed except one one.... which says Recursive include of "Arcade.t"
anyone know what that means???and why this isnt working???
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[sigh]. Please cease the necro posting. We all know that Last Hope had its days. If you wish for them to continue, do so in private. That is, PM the maker and if you don't get a response, PM a mod. This topic is about 2 years old. No need to bring it back up.

Editted for comments that may have been construed as flaming...Very Happy
strike_hawk89

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i just have one question.... yes i am a noob.... y r the enemies and all that other stuff declared as constants?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: