Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] Your Very First Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:59 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Your Very First Game

Right, I didn't get enough material for 'common mistakes' and stuff, so I'm going to leave that out. Could a mod/admin please move all non-tutorial posts to the bottom?

and in the first post, edit out this line:

-Important things to remember

and this line from the last post:

Up next: Important things to remember, common mistakes and FAQs.

and perhaps add to the bottom of the last post "Now you have all the basic tool necessary to create your own game' or something along those lines. This would be so much easier if we could edit posts that have been replied to...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ecookman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 am   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Your Very First Game

wow this helps thanks really
Tyr_God_Of_War

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:41 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Your Very First Game

Do sprites work with with offscreenonly mode?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:57 am   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Your Very First Game

I believe so.
csl_hrdcr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Your Very First Game

When i try to use the sprite codes, turing highlights the file name of my sprite and says "The argument is the wrong type." I don't know if I have to add the picture to the file somehow or import it or what.
Please help, I am a noob and I am trying to make a game. Thanks
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:54 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Your Very First Game

Ah, I see. You need to Pic.FileNew and substitute that picture into things like Sprite.New instead of the file path. Woops.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: