Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:02 pm   Post subject: Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"

This was our ISU for grade 12. This version contains no documentation, it's in another file. It has a very basic method of clipping, no fancy tree structures. We have bump mapping in, but we never got around to implementing a lighting system, so you can't see it well Sad .We have a height map (the one we have is crappy, if you want a better one just save a red.tga in the main directory.), fog effects, map editing, enemy editing (ie. paths), enemy path finding (it uses the BFS, originally I wanted A* but failed miserable Sad ), md2 model loading and I think that's it Razz. I think this is all the source codes you need. This project was worked on by one other person (Julian), and was moved back and forth a lot, and there was a lot of confusion :S. It was a rough ride. There is no bullets Sad

EDIT: controls: for the main game(rift.exe) it's wasd to move and left&right arrow keys to turn and space bar to change the view. For the other tests it's just arrow keys. For the Player editor left click to add a path node to that point, right click to move the player's starting point, delete resets the path, press '-' & '+' cycles through enemies. Map edit is simple, just play around with it.

EDIT2: I got the models from http://polycount.com/

Download here
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Saad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"

Ooh very nice, I can see its not done but really nice Smile
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"

It's going to be redone Razz
Bo0sT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:32 am   Post subject: Re: Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"

it doesnt work for, it opens a console screen and closes it really quickly, i used screen capture to see what its saying b4 it closes the screen, it was

"MAIN DRAWING!"
"INIT Textures"

???
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"

Bo0sT wrote:

it doesnt work for, it opens a console screen and closes it really quickly, i used screen capture to see what its saying b4 it closes the screen, it was

"MAIN DRAWING!"
"INIT Textures"

???

Maybe your graphics card doesnt support some of their features. Try running the test. My laptop card has issues with programs that use GLSL and weird pixel formats so it might be the reason why it didn't work for me. Sad. GJ code monkey this is really looking nice. The only recommendations i suggest is to use mip map cause you have huge alias artifacts on your textures in the distance. + Bump mapping doesn't work period with out a light XD. Bump mapping is basically using lightVector dot surface normal extracted from texture( after multiplying by tbn matrix) and altering the color based on the value. It wont be seen unless you have a light and you have tangent and bi normal info packed into you mesh. Anyway good stuff. Maybe next release add some volumetric shadows and ssao Wink.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Our grade 12 final project a 3D "FPS"

Lol, we didn't have enough time to finish (or start) a lighting system. I've moved on and started a new engine. So far I have an octree class done, I plan to add enemies later. Eventually I will have parallax mapping. This is done though, and we are never looking at it again Razz
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: