Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Teacher Incompetence
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
IBOPM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:29 am   Post subject: Teacher Incompetence

I'm going to start this thread about Teacher Incompetence, I won't advise naming any names though. If you really want to bash a teacher go to ratemyteachers.ca or rateyourteachers.ca which one i forgot. Anyways this teach er I had pointed to the northbridge and called it a processor, while in esscence this is true, he latered refered to it as a CPU. He also called it a Pentium Processor. Of course, there was two, so he didn't know which one and acted like he knew what he was doing and said that should be it. So anyways, its pretty obvious that Pentiums are usually not embedded to the motherboard so I don't know what's going on there. It'd be great for a few laughs if I didn't write this so formal.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heh

stick around here for a while, you'll feel right at home Wink

I know exactly what you mean. Some teachers are just not qulified to teach. Thats what you get when an english teacher starts teaching computers (heh, I've got that happening in my school - not my teacher though).
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Blade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i say compsci starts teaching compsci.... lol... work it like a securitycompany... the company wants security, they call the security company and that security company secures the business

school calls compsci, we go teach Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think the problem with computer sincices eduaction in high school is the techers. the magjor problem is the lack of funding for high schools and the lack of funding for computer sincies progames in thous schools. If the shcools cant eforad to hiher many techers, they will only have techers with noraml specitays like in math, engishes, sci, ect. This lives compsci to be thougth by prity much random techers or any techer that knows how to plug in a computer.

Alougth you lucky that you have a computer class at all, most schools are now geting reide of them b/c they say not engoth kids are taking them (wich is not compleaty ture, at my school over 15 kids where going to take it, but it was still cansled).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hah, massey has like 8 or so computer science classes in the range of grade 10 to grade 12. I guess we're...different
IBOPM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool, I go to Dr. Norman Bethune. Perhaps you've heard of it? Best Band in Toronto, Number 1 Physics student in the country for last year. Many other great things. We also have about 8 comp sci classes.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: