Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pong RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Papageorgeo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:39 pm   Post subject: Pong RPG

Putting the source code in keeps timing out so I'm just going to attach the pong.t file to this post. Here you are...a 4 hour night before project done by yours truly!

Pong.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pong.t
 Filesize:  21.45 KB
 Downloaded:  660 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its pretty cool, my one BIG beef was everything was overlapped or not on the screen. I think you should have included something like 800;600 in ur setscreen command.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some error cheking in the menus whould be nice, it keeped on skiping over stuff some times and if you hit wrong button it seems to just go to next menu.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Papageorgeo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, sorry about that. I wanted to get it finished. I got it done as quick as possible so I could go to the AFC/NFC championship party my buddy was throwing. As for the overlapping...it seems to do that in turing 4.x. I made it in 3.1A, so I made all my calculations based on that.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WHOA! I have a friend that wrote a pong program and it was about 120 lines of code. And much neater looking. ANd the screen didn't flicker. But w/e. Your is.. pretty... interesting. Twisted Evil

BTW: How do I move the mf paddle!?
poly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Include instructions on how to move the paddle...I figured A moves paddle down...but whats up? and its a bit hard to focus on the yellow ball with the flickering, I like the whole layout of in-game was done, great job
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm...maybe add:
setscreen("offscreenonly")
View.Update
into the top of your loop?
I have a question...how is it an RPG (Role Playing Game)? I only saw regular pong, but with powerups...there was no real "Role Playing"
But anyway, neat.
templest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is what version of pong made now that's been submitted? Shocked . I think it's probably something that everyone here has tried to make at one point. Some more succesful than other though. Rolling Eyes I like this though. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: