Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Donate Button
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:17 pm   Post subject: Donate Button

I have added a donation buttion to the fourm index page, so any one that wants to can donate money to our coumity.

All donations will go to the cost of running the site and services we provied or go back to the comunity in some way (this includes dwite.org). There is a small fee that paypal takes off for processing the transcaution witch we can't do anything about.

There is no real advantage to donating other then helping out the comunity, tho we might set up a donars list if there is a demand or want for it (and some one donates).

Right now we make enought from the google ads to just pay for our server, tho we would like moeny to pay for a place to store backups, posibley money to get a secondary server for dwite contest (so the site will not go down during a contest) and money for other projects we might take up or sposer that benfite the canadian programming and computer science community. So don't worry about CompSci.ca going under if we don't get any donations, we will find money some where, but donations will take the worry off me (when the acoutns run low and my name is on them :p) and allow for bigger and better things for the community and better servers/webhosting.

So if you feal like it donate, other wise don't! Either way is good and there are lots of other ways to give back to the comunity.

Update: I added a donors list tho it is a static page and i have to update it manauly so if you donated and do not see your name on the list yet it just means i have not updated it yet. If i forgot any one let me know and i will add them.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BigBear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:10 am   Post subject: Re: Donate Button

I think when people donate they should receive some amount o bits depending on the amount they donate. Just a suggestion maybe it will encourage people to donate.

You have probably thought o this and decided against it but it doesn't have to be a lot. Or maybe an item o some kind like a donors certificate or something.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:16 am   Post subject: RE:Donate Button

I will talk the idea over with tony and the staff, it is an intresting idea i just don't want peoleop to think they have to donate as our services are ment to be free to every one.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: