Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CompSci Comic: Season II
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mackie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 pm   Post subject: CompSci Comic: Season II

Almost exactly 4 years ago the last CompSci.ca comic died. Since then the comic site has been left dormant...

Until now... Well.... Soon....

So, basically I'm planning on making some comics, starring Hacker Dan and Oni Tony. It will continue 4 years after the last comic.

Old Comic Homepage
First Comic of the Old Comic
Last Comic of the Old Comic that was part of the story.

While dan is super busy with projects, he can't bring the comic site to working order. So, until then I'll post comics here. I hope you like it! If you don't, voice your opinion and don't worry, it's still the first one. It will get better.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:41 pm   Post subject: Re: CompSci Comic: Season II

nice job Mackie!!!
sooo........................am I going to be in this comic?
petree08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:13 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

lol we should have a poll to see who wins

then a large battle and whoever wins the poll wins the battle

plus little cameo apearances of lesser users
(meaning like hackers and newb hackers not just mods and admins )

looks sweet, i'll have to read the old comics..
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

I think Mackie and Tony already have a story worked out :S maybe not though all I know is tat they tried to make one
Mackie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:51 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

Just so everyone knows, the next comic may be done tonight... if not probably by the weekend. I've redone it a few times already. -_-*

Most of the regulars in the IRC will end up being in the comic. I get to know them better, so it's easier to fit them into the comic.

I've got other stuff to do as well, so I can't make any promises on release dates, probably every 2 weeks who knows maybe more, maybe less.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:57 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

Am I in it?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 am   Post subject: Re: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

nick @ Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 am wrote:
I think Mackie and Tony already have a story worked out

It's just about all Mackie on this one.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mackie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:50 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

CodeMonkey2000 @ Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:57 am wrote:
Am I in it?

You'll see. Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zampano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:13 pm   Post subject: Re: CompSci Comic: Season II

Very nice-looking.
Mackie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:56 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Look closely there are a few easter eggs.(not literally of course) Razz

Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT:

Dan's spelling/grammar errors are intentional, just in case you weren't aware.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:52 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

When is the next one coming out?
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:16 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

oh Mackie, that is so awesome.

One suggestion I have is to work on the style of your speech bubbles. They don't actually have to touch the mouth of the character, that just looks weird and seems to get in the way.

Greg Dean's http://reallifecomics.com/ was the inspiration for the style of the "first season". I think his speech bubbles work quite well.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:18 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

Wow, I didn't even notice that till you said it Razz
Mackie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

Hmmm, that does look weird, like they are smoking a cigar or something. I like your method better, I'll go change that now! Thanks Tony.
Nick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:38 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci Comic: Season II

I lost Sad also I see the easter egg in the first strip

Spoiler:
look in the tree's darkness

Spoiler:
more accurately, it's the red eyes, do I sense a famiar presence?
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: