Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 QBASIC parallel port program
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ruscutie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 pm   Post subject: QBASIC parallel port program

hey..
i have this circuit.. when i try to program it using qbasic the LEDs in my circuit don't light up

the lines i use are
Quote:

for i = 1 to 10000
out &h3bc, 2
next

the address of port is right, i think... well if there is any way to check my address of the parallel port plz tell me..

and there is one thing.. the black wire {ground wire] which comes from the parallel is not supposed to be connected to my circuit 'coz its the ground wire but when i connect it the LED'S light up.. so i think it shows that there is not a problem in circuit but some problem in my programming...

plz help me..
i'm attaching the image of my parallel port properties..

untitled.JPG
 Description:
parallel port properties
 Filesize:  31.95 KB
 Viewed:  410 Time(s)

untitled.JPG

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
OneOffDriveByPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:39 pm   Post subject: Re: QBASIC parallel port program

Try &h378.
ruscutie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:36 pm   Post subject: Re: QBASIC parallel port program

OneOffDriveByPoster @ Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 am wrote:
Try &h378.

it still doesn't work:-(
OneOffDriveByPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:36 pm   Post subject: Re: QBASIC parallel port program

ruscutie @ Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 pm wrote:
and there is one thing.. the black wire {ground wire] which comes from the parallel is not supposed to be connected to my circuit 'coz its the ground wire but when i connect it the LED'S light up.. so i think it shows that there is not a problem in circuit but some problem in my programming...
I think you are supposed to connect the ground wire to the -ve terminal of your circuit. (I am hoping that your circuit does not use batteries, etc.)
ruscutie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:09 am   Post subject: Re: QBASIC parallel port program

OneOffDriveByPoster @ Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:36 am wrote:
ruscutie @ Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 pm wrote:
I think you are supposed to connect the ground wire to the -ve terminal of your circuit. (I am hoping that your circuit does not use batteries, etc.)

my apologies... i think i should have explained more
well i'm doing this for the 1st time...
so there is a bread board, it has 16 LEDs on it... i have this parallel port... i soldered wires from Pin 2 to Pin 9 and these wires are now connected to the bread board... after that i soldered the black wire which is in pin 19 of the port... pin 2 to pin 9 are data pins which transfer data while pin 19 is the ground pin which helps to ground the circuit... i have a schematic which my teacher gave me... i'll scan it and attach it...
i made the circuit (the teacher helped us), but now my circuit doesn't work (i'm doing it for the first time in my life and i don't know how to find mistakes or anything)... so while experimenting and trying to figure out my mistakes by using the trial and error method, i decided to connect the black wire which is not supposed to be connected... when i connected to the positive and the negative rows of my bread board (there are 2 positive rows and 2 negative rows in a bread board) my LEDs lit up.... there are four rows of LEDs and each row of LED lit up when i connected to the black wire to the appropriate positive or negative row... so i thought that there isn't a problem in my circuit (i still think it because of lack of knowledge)...
so i tried to program it using qbasic (our teacher asked us to use it)... now nothing works except the black wire thing i told you about...
i still have no idea whats wrong... i'm going to scan the schematic and attach it.. if any of you have any ideas, please help me...

PS -- > I ATTACHED THE SAME FILE TWICE... FOR SOME REASON I WAS NOT ABLE TO DELETE THE 2ND FILE... SO PLEASE IGNORE THE 2ND FILE...
THNX

LastScan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.81 KB
 Viewed:  377 Time(s)

LastScan.jpg

LastScan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.81 KB
 Viewed:  303 Time(s)

LastScan.jpg

ruscutie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:20 am   Post subject: Re: QBASIC parallel port program

nerver mind guys... i got it... it was just the parallel port address, wat i thought in my 1st post... used a 8 yr old computer lying around in my house... the circuit worked like charm... Very Happy ..
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: