Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Scotts Budget Program
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Quakerstate98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:19 pm   Post subject: Scotts Budget Program

This is just a simple program I made for personal usage to help me better divy up my pay cheques. All it does it take in your cheque amount, how much your bills are and how many times you get payed in the current month. Then it divides your bills by how many pay cheques you have and thats how much you should set aside from yor cheque. And for now it takes the remaining cheque and 30% calc is for spending and 70% calc is for savings. I am aware of the crashing bug when you type in help or info but this is just a beta I will fix that later.

Now I am not sure if i'm uploading the right files so let me know if I need to try again : )

Scotts Budget Program.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Scotts Budget Program.rar
 Filesize:  209.58 KB
 Downloaded:  400 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Scotts Budget Program

it looks good to me Very Happy
Well done!
Saad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Scotts Budget Program

In my opinion, seeing only the executable is no use and I would not run it, I don't know whats in it. A program might do something cool but the source code is more important.

Saad
Quakerstate98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

.... i don't give my source code for a reason, so it can't be copied. I just want to see what other people think of my programs not how i coded it
Mackie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Scotts Budget Program

Well, to be honest I could look at Excel and say how I thought about it, the idea behind a community like this isn't to show off, it's to share idea's and have the hive try and improve what you have done. Most people around here aren't interested in seeing just an executable.
md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Scotts Budget Program

I think your program sucks, by reason of it being closed source and presumably for windows Razz

It's all good and fine (no, not really) to write software and not release the code. But that's not why this site or forum exists. We're here to share code so that others can learn from it.

Also, this being a very simply program there really isn't a good reason not to post the code.
Quakerstate98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright w/e, so should i zip up the whole solution then so you can view the source code???
md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:52 am   Post subject: RE:Scotts Budget Program

Sure, or just the actual source files.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Quakerstate98

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well damn, my laptop decided it would be a good idea to crash and had to replace the harddrive so I don't have the source files anymore...... I could re program it but....
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: