Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am   Post subject: Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

Hey.
I am just wondering if anyone here knows how to create a lazer that writes out any given word/letter.
I am wanting to use that idea for an assignment and I need some help with it.
If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
-Dave
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
petree08

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:23 am   Post subject: RE:Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

???? draline? perhaps. kinda vauge question
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 am   Post subject: RE:Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

Sorry.
I know that you would have to use a draline
Here is a flash example of what I mean.
just instead of drawing a line it would draw a letter or word

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Special_Effects/Create_a-Stephen_-216/index.php

Once again,
sorry about the vague question
BigBear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

If you are talking about the black square at the bottom of the page (sorry if you are not) then you just draw a line on the screen then another one a little bit bigger then for the laser part draw a line from the other end of the laser (always a fixed point) then the other end has the same coordinates to the moving end of the horizontal line. IT should end up something like this
code:

main loop
adjust x value of horizontal line bigger
draw horizontal line
draw laser part from fixed point to left side of horizontal line
end loop

Hope this helps.
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 am   Post subject: Re: Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

BigBear @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:04 pm wrote:
If you are talking about the black square at the bottom of the page (sorry if you are not) then you just draw a line on the screen then another one a little bit bigger then for the laser part draw a line from the other end of the laser (always a fixed point) then the other end has the same coordinates to the moving end of the horizontal line. IT should end up something like this
code:

main loop
adjust x value of horizontal line bigger
draw horizontal line
draw laser part from fixed point to left side of horizontal line
end loop

Hope this helps.

Thanks bigbear.
Helped a lot!
Carey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

can someone move this the Turing Help section please?
Sean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

Whas the red dot in the center, using Draw.FillOval.

Then proceed to drawing a line using a For Loop having the x position of the Draw.Line changing to move across the screen, in such a manner.
LaZ3R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

Turing:
setscreen ("offscreenonly")
colorback (black)
cls
var x : int := maxx - 50
loop
    drawfilloval (maxx div 2, maxy div 2, 6, 6, red)
    drawline (maxx div 2, maxy div 2, x, 50, brightred)
    x -= 1
    View.Update
    delay (10)
    exit when x = 50
    cls
end loop

You're simply drawing a circle in the centre, and drawinga line between a fixed point (The centre), and the point moving towards the left on the x axis.
Therefore, the only value changing is the x value, and therefore in your loop, you just keep subtracting an amount from x, in this case 1

Fairly straight forward.

Now, using this idea, think about how you could draw letters on the screen as the value of x is increasing or decreasing across the screen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Anyone know how to make a lazer writer?

LaZ3R @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm wrote:
Turing:
setscreen ("offscreenonly")
colorback (black)
cls
var x : int := maxx - 50
loop
    drawfilloval (maxx div 2, maxy div 2, 6, 6, red)
    drawline (maxx div 2, maxy div 2, x, 50, brightred)
    x -= 1
    View.Update
    delay (10)
    exit when x = 50
    cls
end loop

You're simply drawing a circle in the centre, and drawinga line between a fixed point (The centre), and the point moving towards the left on the x axis.
Therefore, the only value changing is the x value, and therefore in your loop, you just keep subtracting an amount from x, in this case 1

Fairly straight forward.

Now, using this idea, think about how you could draw letters on the screen as the value of x is increasing or decreasing across the screen.

thanks a lot!
Helped me a lot!!!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: