Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 File Broswer Function
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 pm   Post subject: File Broswer Function

I've been working on a file browser, so here is the alpha. It's not even in beta yet so bare with me. Basically you use 'Browser.GetPath' and it will return the path. The person selects in the pop-up window. I've just now, converted it into a function so it's pretty messy right now, there was a lot of workarounds happening. Optimization is coming.

Here's on my to-do list.

- Scroll Bar.
- Nicer GUI.
- Image Icon Compression.
- Image thumbnails, if file is supported. (Maybe)
- Optimize.
- Re-documentation.
- Drive selection.
- Start directory parameter.
- File type specification parameter.
- Hidden file show/hide option.

and some other stuff maybe. This i just a side project so development will probably be slower.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

browser.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  browser.zip
 Filesize:  28.66 KB
 Downloaded:  339 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:00 pm   Post subject: Re: File Broswer Function

Mackie, if you ever need any assistance with some GUI, I can help, but I recommend not using Razz
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm   Post subject: RE:File Broswer Function

Oh no I'm making my own GUI.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the fact that. That you can use both the keys and mouse to control. But, repetition is frequent. So 1 click offen = 2 clicks. I haven't figured out how to slow it down yet, I'm working on it though.
fishtastic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:38 am   Post subject: RE:File Broswer Function

Mackie @ Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:07 pm wrote:

I forgot to mention the fact that. That you can use both the keys and mouse to control. But, repetition is frequent. So 1 click offen = 2 clicks. I haven't figured out how to slow it down yet, I'm working on it though.

I had the same problem in my Turing TD and tetris.
In my TD, when the player clicks on upgrade, i only allowed one upgrade per mousedown.

what you do is make a variable call "canclick"

code:
if mousedown and canclick then
dowhateveryouwant
canclick = false
else if mouseup then
canclick = true

so the clicking will only be possible when the user release the mouse button and click again.

To limit the time between double click all you need to store the time of last click and find the difference.

edit: BTW this is a pretty interesting program. good work so far. Mr. Green
Carey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:21 am   Post subject: Re: File Broswer Function

pretty sweet. I remember making a program like this a loooooong time ago. it was just text based though. you could still check it out if you want to. CLICK HERE. anyway good job so far. tip: make the browser window bigger
Mackie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 pm   Post subject: Re: File Broswer Function

Alright, well I planned on making a super awesome file browser that would blow everyone away... But, because of some limitations in Turing I wasn't able to do it as elegantly as I wanted to be. Dan and Saad suggested i move on to a more functional language. So, I'm moving to Ruby.

To the point of the post. I developed some nifty tools for easier design of the File Browser, so each as a standalone class, I give you Mackie's GUI, as far as I got that is.

All of these follow the same color scheme, and use only the color 111 (so the other colors are available for other classes and such.) Every one of them have the 3 stages of activity, idle, mouse-over, depressed(clicked).

They are all simple to use, and easy to customize. Here they are:

Note the menus (ButtonMenu, ClickMenu) auto-expand based on the size of the array you enter for name, and procedure to run. Every button, including the menu's are linked with a name, and a procedure to run on click.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Enjoy!

mackies_gui.zip
 Description:
All of the classes source.

Download
 Filename:  mackies_gui.zip
 Filesize:  3.82 KB
 Downloaded:  295 Time(s)

Sean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm   Post subject: Re: File Broswer Function

Nifty, but now you just need it to do something Razz
Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:30 pm   Post subject: Re: File Broswer Function

Now I feel like a failure ;(

Jking. I love working on media players and file browsers, stuff that has to do with yer data and organizing it

File Browser.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  File Browser.rar
 Filesize:  36.45 KB
 Downloaded:  370 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: