Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Holt Software News (FREE TURING)
Index -> Network News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
richcash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

The reason they can't make multi-dimensional flexible arrays in my opinion is that flexible is just a keyword, it is not a type like arrays are.
code:
type Arr : array 1 .. 10 of int             %works
type Arr : flexible array 1 .. 10 of int    %doesn't

So that's why this can't work, flexible is just a keyword.
code:
var x : flexible array 0 .. 1 of flexible array 1 .. 10 of int  %doesn't work

If the syntax commonly used for a multidimensional flexible array was implemented, there would be no way to distinguish between a flexible array of static arrays and a flexible array of flexible arrays.
code:
var x : flexible array 1 .. 5, 1 .. 5 of int

And infact that does give you a flexible array of static arrays, you can change the first set of bounds all you want.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chrisbrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Any chance a mod would be so kind as to inquire to Dr. Holt about the possible release of the PC class's required system files? (PC.ParallelPut, etc). For that matter, does anyone have these files, and if so may I have them?
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

I seem to be getting the same errors. Any help????
Ultrahex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:18 am   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

methodoxx, they are in support folder like the error message normally says.
chrisbrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:18 am   Post subject: RE:Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Many thanks ultrahex. I guess I didn't make that connection.
darkangel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Its true! you cant compile into .exe's "bad header" is the error it spits out.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:57 am   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Maybe this should be a new topic but HoltSoft very recently posted a pdf of two of its Turing books as well as Ready to Program.
michaelp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Sweet, I was thinking about using a Turing book to look at the language. Will be a good break from C++.

edit: Where? Rolling Eyes

edit: Nvm, I found it! Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MichaelM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Hmm, does anyone know what happened to the link for downloading Turing 4.1.1a? When I click it I get the "HTTP 404 Not Found". I downloaded it at school when you guys first posted it, but I only bothered to get it at home now...
Mackie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

MichaelM @ Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:45 pm wrote:
Hmm, does anyone know what happened to the link for downloading Turing 4.1.1a? When I click it I get the "HTTP 404 Not Found". I downloaded it at school when you guys first posted it, but I only bothered to get it at home now...
Here's the link to the download.
http://www.holtsoft.com/Turing%204.1.1.zip
MichaelM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Thanks Mackie, the one you posted works. For some reason I get an error from the other one.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Holtsoft has changed the name from 4.1.1a to 4.1.1 so the file's location also changed
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Just for everyone's information, Holtsoft has also uploaded the installer for RTP, as well as a couple of textbooks (in PDF of course). These can all be found here
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:18 am   Post subject: Re: Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

McKenzie @ 2008-01-18, 8:57 am wrote:
Maybe this should be a new topic but HoltSoft very recently posted a pdf of two of its Turing books as well as Ready to Program.

Deja vu?
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Holt Software News (FREE TURING)

Indeed.
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 57 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: