Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my first php based website :D
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:15 pm   Post subject: my first php based website :D

well this is the site that i'm currently working on... it still needs a lott work to become complete... but some stuffz are done...so i just felt like sharing it here... btw u can signin using username :demo
password :demo
http://backstabbers.no-ip.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well.... i think you probably made it for 1024X768 or higher... the problem is,some people who have broken their bigger monitors are still viewing in 800X600... so the sizes are all really huge, i cant really view the center, and there are no scrollbars for the menu or the bar on the right...
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice,
But you got major problems with the layout ;/

1: Err iframe is mess..atleast i think Confused
When im scrolling down the whole iframe gets messed, a blue line (or bar) comes and goes whiel scrolling.

Tip: Try not to use iframes for you site, it gets kinda anoying.. Confused
Also For the links make it a a.hove also So i you can tell that your over the link..links active and etc Very Happy

Rest its gr8 Very Happy

Oh 1 more thing..the MAIN (image) is cut a bit :/.
and half of the links both left and right are covered..you need to drag down to see the rest.

So is everythig generated from a mysql db? or its HTML?
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well.. yes it was designed for high resolution... but right now i'm working on a resizable window to replace the big ones so it becomes compatible with all resolutions...the logo is temporary.. and i'm not using any iframes... and yes it's all created mysql database.. all except friend and foes, and some links like that... and yes the menu doesn't have scroll bar and i'm not planning to make a normall scrollbar for it... i'm gonna make a dynamic javascript scrolbar for it to make it look good...
TY for feedbacks tho!!! Very Happy
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh well, try not to use frames Very Happy
Trust me they are really anoying...

Especially for the people whos browser can't support frames :/
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are they really that much unsupported?!
poly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As somebody else mentioned... don't use an iframe. I always hated when going to a site and they ahve a menu in a iframe to have to scroll threw the menu than have to scroll in the content area etc, really annoying!
ANyways everything else is looking pretty cool! good job
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for the second time that isn't iframe it's a normal framed page... and yes i am willing to change that page...
TY Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Take out all the frames, and put everything as 1 (meaning, no frames...then information and the linsk and etc are at the same place)

Im sure it would look A LOT BETTER, and not anoying. Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: