Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Psychological Jujitsu
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay, if you want to host this challenge, then you need to step up an engine first. Mannual control just arent fun.
basically there are two choices. any language that supports stdin/stdout (C++, java, C, Pascal, but NOT TURING). write an engine that just takes from stdin and some function calls would do the job.

2. Pure Turing
you can refer to my Snakes AI engine to see how to implement it. one problem: you must mannual do the coding if you want to switch AI (ie copy and paste)

and you can see, the interests arent that high for my Snakes AI challenge. i think only me and Catalyst made AI.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I made an AI for your Snake ... just didn't post it, was waiting for the announcement for the contest to go lol
kmd-10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think i can do it using just turing. the only way i wouldn't, is if you guys all insisted i didn't.
part of me wants this to be a turing-exclusive contest, just because it would seem to be even to me, and this is essentially a turing board. but again, if you insist, i'll use something else.
also .. i wasn't sure i wanted to start on the engine if i didn't have enough interest. but you know what? i think i'm gonna start it now anyway. why not, i don't have much else to do ..
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so wheres the engine? almost done?
kmd-10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh .. it's been done for a while. i just didn't think there was enough interest.
nonetheless, if you want to make a function (whatever language you want i suppose) taking an four integers as input: your money, your points, the opponent's money, and the opponent's points, and returns the wager, then you can do so .. we'll see if anyone else does.
if you want, you can request any other information. like previous bets or something. if you want.
just do it if you're bored i suppose, as it doesn't look like it's flying.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: