Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 File Quota Limits
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:56 pm   Post subject: File Quota Limits

I have incrased the file size quota for attachments to 200mb by defuat for users. This is so users do not have to delete attachments.

It seems a bit silly to have a small limit to stop adbuse when it is easy to see if adbuse is going on. The PM file quota is only 10mb however and will stay low as we are not a private file hosting site :p

Obvesly we do not have enought real space on the server to hold 200mb * every user but we expcedt that most users will never use that much. In the worst case we can get a cheap file only host that can host our attchments well the core files to run the site stay on the server. Right now the attchmentes take up about 17GB of space and is growing every day.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:42 am   Post subject: RE:File Quota Limits

That much? Jeez, what is everyone uploading :p
Nick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:04 pm   Post subject: RE:File Quota Limits

id say the problem is with turing...
everyone likes to upload exe files instead of the source (im guilty too) and turing's exe files are outragesouly huge
Wolf_Destiny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:49 pm   Post subject: Re: File Quota Limits

Have you ever actually decompiled one of those? There were so many useless libraries for code I didn't even use. You'd think they'd be able to optimize it a little better than that. After an hour I never even found any code that wasn't part of a library.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:36 pm   Post subject: RE:File Quota Limits

They don't actually care. They never really did.
agnivohneb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: File Quota Limits

Dan @ Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:56 pm wrote:
...Right now the attchmentes take up about 17GB of space and is growing every day.

Late question
what is your total space? just curios.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:32 pm   Post subject: Re: File Quota Limits

agnivohneb @ 17th December 2007, 2:36 pm wrote:
Dan @ Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:56 pm wrote:
...Right now the attchmentes take up about 17GB of space and is growing every day.

Late question
what is your total space? just curios.

The main server has as 120GB hardrive and the backup host has a qutoa of 580GB.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:44 pm   Post subject: RE:File Quota Limits

Couldn't you go through all the attachments and delete old, unused ones? Or mark the for deletion and email the author? Perhaps everyone should go through their attachments (available in Control Panel)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:45 pm   Post subject: Re: File Quota Limits

Dan @ Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:32 pm wrote:
the backup host has a qutoa of 580GB.

as it was mentioned here. Keep up Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:21 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:File Quota Limits

Aziz @ 18th December 2007, 5:44 pm wrote:
Couldn't you go through all the attachments and delete old, unused ones? Or mark the for deletion and email the author? Perhaps everyone should go through their attachments (available in Control Panel)

The hole point of increassing it is so we do NOT have to delete old attachments and users do NOT have to delete things in the attachment control panel becues we whont to keep old atachments around. 17GB of 120GB is not that much....
Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:15 pm   Post subject: RE:File Quota Limits

Good point. Leaving old attachments up has the same effect as leaving old posts up, eh? That other people can still learn from them. Well said Smile
Mackie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:08 pm   Post subject: Re: File Quota Limits

Well, I have a server with 750GB, and I'm only using 6GB. you want 200GB or so? I also have more bandwidth than I could ever use.
BigBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:32 pm   Post subject: Re: File Quota Limits

What is the limit per attachment or Reply how ever it is calculated?
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: