Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [CCC]Introdusing CCC
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that made no sense whatsoever, and was completely out of context.. wth are you talking about?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy,
I don't buy the doom-and-gloom predictions. Ya, we had a bad year. Hey, we might have another. That by no means indicates that the glory days are over. I see a lot of bright up-and-commers. With the right encouragement they will be amazing.
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
that made no sense whatsoever, and was completely out of context.. wth are you talking about?

Yeah, just forget it. It was late, and I was tired. Things make more (or less) sense at those times Embarassed
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

McKenzie wrote:
Andy,
I don't buy the doom-and-gloom predictions. Ya, we had a bad year. Hey, we might have another. That by no means indicates that the glory days are over. I see a lot of bright up-and-commers. With the right encouragement they will be amazing.

Okay, maybe i sounded a bit too pessimistic, but i also heard that the school is trying to get rid of the enriched program while riverside is starting one? quite a few of the top achievers of my grade were from east windsor.. this could be bad news for massey
MrHippo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:24 am   Post subject: Re: [CCC]Introdusing CCC

For Stage 1, does ANY language go? Including Python/Ruby and such less-academic (it seems) languages?

And if so, what happens to someone who's good at them but can't do any of the more professional ones?? Do they still get to go to stage 2?

Thanks in advance Smile

-MrHippo
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:37 am   Post subject: RE:[CCC]Introdusing CCC

Any language your teacher is willing to run will do. Python/Ruby are very much academic... as in, they are both taught at the University level. Not sure what you could mean by "professional". non-LOLCAT I guess.

If you happen to be invited to Stage 2, you shouldn't really have a problem with picking up on one of the "regulation" languages used.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
MrHippo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:54 am   Post subject: Re: [CCC]Introdusing CCC

Well to make it clearer,
1) I don't have knowledge of the field so my vocabulary is quite off. I basically meant languages other than the ones you have to use for stage 2 Smile
2) Sweet, now I've got to start preparing... (I don't really hold illusions that I could easily get to stage 2 considering my lack of background, but that's my goal nonetheless Smile )
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:26 am   Post subject: RE:[CCC]Introdusing CCC

Don't forget to take part in the upcoming rounds of DWITE -- it's there to give you practice for CCC.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MrHippo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:08 pm   Post subject: Re: [CCC]Introdusing CCC

Hehe I don't think anyone in my school is into Ruby =S
The comp. sci. students are all about Java and.. well.. that seems to be a problem =S It wouldn't make sense if a program was written in more than one language (considering it would be done on one computer) would it?

Or is it open to individual participants?
OR should I try to learn Java instead of Ruby (though the latter seems to be fun. No experience with former)?

-MrHippo
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:14 pm   Post subject: RE:[CCC]Introdusing CCC

You could have a team of 1 person if you prefer. There are some teams like that actually.

Besides, the implementation could be in any language. You could still work out the algorithms and theory on paper, before someone implements it in Java... or have your teammates work it out, and let you quickly implement it in Ruby. There are 5 questions, you can use any supported language for any individual question.
Nick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:15 pm   Post subject: RE:[CCC]Introdusing CCC

well in a team there is one computer being programmed on so you could participate if it were in java by simply giving ideas (example creating a class for a reason) also ther could particapate aswell if you were to write in Ruby
jimgao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 am   Post subject: Re: [CCC]Introdusing CCC

What would happen if I do both Junior and Senior? Do I get to choose which one I want them to count? Is it the one with higher mark, or the one you do first?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:52 am   Post subject: RE:[CCC]Introdusing CCC

iirc, you can only do one of them. I wrote both, but my teacher only submitted the one I did best on.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 43 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: