Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 simple graphics
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:44 pm   Post subject: simple graphics

another thing to the great list of things that windows ME sucks at is graphics

as a game designer i need to do simple graphics but the paint on ME sucks (ie: cant open anything other than bmp)

so my question is : is there a free program out there i can use instead?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:23 pm   Post subject: Re: simple graphics

There's Gimp and Blender which can both be found through google and also if you are in school you may be able to get a free student copy of Photoshop or Fireworks or at least get it for cheap. Hope this helps.
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:29 pm   Post subject: RE:simple graphics

ntanks for the post it seems gimp works with ME so im gonna try it out

EDIT only version 2.0.x works with ME and i could not find that so atm i am dling blender
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 pm   Post subject: Re: simple graphics

I found a site listing the top 8 image editors for windows here http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbasedwin/tp/freephotoedw.htm also another program I used to use is Artweaver it's actually not bad but I haven't used it in a while since I got fireworks http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version
MihaiG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:34 pm   Post subject: Re: simple graphics

blender, a 3d graphics suite, and is NOT for simple graphics, it is very hard to learn since its very non intuitive. took me over a month to learn basic stuff, blender requires lots of time to dedicate to,
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:44 pm   Post subject: Re: simple graphics

Right sorry I haven't used the damn thing for such a long time because I never really needed it for anything but once you do get the hang of it the thing is great.
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:48 pm   Post subject: RE:simple graphics

i uninstalled blender and got artweaver which is easy to learn so im happy Razz
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:00 pm   Post subject: Re: simple graphics

That's good sorry about the confusion of blender in my first post.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 am   Post subject: RE:simple graphics

I think the important thing to note is that Blender is for 3D graphics. I'm assuming you need 2D, momop? Exactly what kind of simple graphics? Sketches?
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:28 am   Post subject: RE:simple graphics

well i just need either A) something i can use to convert images into bmp so i can edit in paint or B) something that can be as easy to use like paint

and yes all i need is 3D graphics
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:33 am   Post subject: RE:simple graphics

(assuming you meant 2D at the end)

Okay, MS Paint can actually handle alot more than just bitmap images. Just make sure you don't save a JPEG because it uses a really shitty quality setting. You can also use GIMP like paint if you really just want to do pixel editing, just use the pencil with a 1px brush. You can do the same in other programs, I'm sure, but GIMP is free.
md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:14 pm   Post subject: RE:simple graphics

The other option is to upgrade to something other then ME... Wink

Google Paint.NET, not sure if it works on ME but it's a great Paint.exe replacement that is both easy to use and has many many features.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: