Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Canada eh?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
FizixMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:19 pm   Post subject: Canada eh?

I decided to pop by here again, and I noticed that a bunch of us are from the Great White North! What's with that? I guess Canada really is behind the times what with all of us still using turing Razz j/k

Where aboots are you guys and gals? I personally have my home in Toronto, but right now I'm attending University in Waterloo. lol, it was fun showing my friend here Turing... he was totally shocked when I showed him my matrix (with fractional elements) inversion program... oh yeah! Linear programming to the max! lol. He's a C++ and Java nut. And I'm rambling, YAY!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the reason for that is that turing is not used anywhere outside canada... I'm actually surpriced to see anyone use it outside of Ontario.

Turing was developed by a group of students in U of Toronto and was adopted by schools as an intro language cuz of its "simple" syntax that can't do shit and really screws you over when you try your hands on something desent.

Otherwise I live in Toronto and comming to Waterloo in 2004 8)

Personally I prefer VB over else cuz of its power and simplicity, but I suppose that C++ (which I'm learning now) still has ultimate hardware access so its still around. Though again I belive that you can write dlls in C++ and reference to them in VB Very Happy

Though I'm thinking of going into 3D animation... I heard Waterloo has some awesome machines for that!
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Vicous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:07 pm   Post subject: Oh, Canada

Im canadian, in a small town in the waterloo region (near Toronto) and proud of it. I'm learning turing now, and SWAT is a huge help... also, I like turing because I can do pretty much anything I want too (other than making viruses that fuck up your hardware)

P.S. I'm a 16 year old looking at college and would like to know, any good college programming courses in Ontario?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well Waterloo is undesputed best place for computer science... but its an university... I donno about collages, I'm preaty sure you need a degree in comp sci (though some collages offer degrees too Confused)

ask your guidance person in school... maybe they know something?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: