Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:16 pm   Post subject: help

i've been looking for how to get the pop-up signs, they only come up when u right click...its kind of like copyright...if know you know what i'm talking about can you please help me.

thanks Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe its just me, but Im not following here....could ya maybe show an example of what u mean?
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:08 pm   Post subject: Re: help

princess wrote:
i've been looking for how to get the pop-up signs, they only come up when u right click...its kind of like copyright...if know you know what i'm talking about can you please help me.

thanks Very Happy

Hmm ya i don't under stand either...do you want a POP UP window or something...?

Or do you want it when a person RIGHT CLICKS on his/her browser...it displays a message?

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright3.htm

BTW check this site..you can close the windows in site its sweet
http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think he means the javascript all those geocities pages use where when you right click it gives you some alert that says something like these pictures are copyrighted (even though a lot of times they were taken from somewhere else to begin with..)
poly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahhhh okay, got ya basically like No RightClick
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Some stuff just work with ie Confused

EDIT 2:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm

works for mozilla and IE Smile
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but may I suggest not wasting your time to do this! What stops me from just going to View > Source and getting it threw that way. And dont think those are the only 2 ways of getting it
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well it stops some people who don't know anything about website development (which is probably most people...) heh
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

true, but if somebody really wants to get the picture, there gonna find ways around it
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yep... like you could hightlite and use ctrl+c or you could open up the sorce through the menu and find it.. there are lots of other ways... but they can always be protected too...
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you can just save the webpage, but by the time u try to stop all this stuff you are gonna ahve tons fo scripts on ur site, not worth it
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ye...there are so many ways to get threw it, web designers are just delaying the inevitable...unless u use flash. U can't get stuff from flash sites, so unless the site is flash, u can easily get the code
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or in opera you can just click the picture and drag it a little to make it open up lol
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

krishon wrote:
ye...there are so many ways to get threw it, web designers are just delaying the inevitable...unless u use flash. U can't get stuff from flash sites, so unless the site is flash, u can easily get the code

If the person keeps the .fla in the same folder as the .swf. Anyone can take get the code and etc Smile
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

true, but its the big IF
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: