Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Changing Hosts
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:14 pm   Post subject: Changing Hosts

We are planing on chaning our host from dreamhost to a brand new deadicated server. This means that any one with compsci.ca mail and hosting should back up there messages and files. We will try our bests to ensure that all the hosted files make it to the new host, however the mail maynot be so easy to move. I will be making another post befor we aucataly do make the move, however peoleop should start backing up the mail they whont to save ASAP.

Also this could mean down time for hosting and mail accounts with compsci.ca. If you have a mail/hosting account on compsci.ca it may allready be down and you should contact me.

How we will be provieding mail and hosting will change too as we will be using diffrent software.

Stay tuned for more updates as they happen Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

If you whont to help out, know where the server move is at, see stats about the server or sugest ideas for it, check out this wiki page i made about it:

http://wiki.compsci.ca/index.php?title=CompSci_Server
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

If you would like to read about our backup emergency measures, Plan B is posted on the /blog
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

I am going to start moving the user files over so any one with compsci.ca hosting will not be able to login to there ftp and shell accounts intill it is done.

Also every one will have to pick a new password for there e-mail and or hosting if they have it.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

I will be moving the databases tonight for all the users hosting databases with us. Also the passwords to thess databases will be reset so you will have to contact me with a new password you whont to use.

Also the hostname to the databases will change. It will now be localhost rather then a sperate domain. By default only localhost conections will be allowed but if you ask we can add hostnames to your database.

Also the username for your databaes maychange so you should deftaly contact me if you have a database with us.

P.S. Any changes to the databases as of today may not be copyed over.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

The databases have been moved ok now. I was able to keep all the passwords for our users.

Right now the files for the main part of the site (and thess forums) are on the old host and the database is on the new host. So things will be very slow intill i can compley move everything over.

Also if you make changes to your personal databases hosted with compsci.ca they will not be moved over still becues you will be editing the old one.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:13 am   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

I have updated the DNS recordes for compsci.ca now and the effect should be probgating threw the net right now. It could take up to 24-48 hours for it to competly update around the web.

I am not shure if i have the virutal host set up right for it and becues my ISP has a slow DNS update time i can not test it fully right away. So if you can see this either your ISPs DNS has not updated yet or it works.

I will be posting insturctions for thos with hosting with us about how the new server works for hosting once everything is up and runing on the new server.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:47 am   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

It seems the DNS has updated for the main canadian ISPs now (at least shaw and some other users ISPs).

I have not yet installed the PHP opmtzming software so things will not be as fast as they could be but they should be faster then on dream host.

There are probly some new bugs casused by the move, and i will fix them as they come up. If you see new bugs realted to the move pm me, e-mail me or submit a bug report on the bug tracker.

I will be posting an update for users with hosting some time today i hope.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:06 pm   Post subject: RE:Changing Hosts

It's already faster than dreamhost+php-optimizing software.
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: