Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Guitar Hero
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Wolf_Destiny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:25 pm   Post subject: Guitar Hero

Just thought I'd post the Guitar Hero clone I've been working on for a few days. It's got all the features except (noticably) sound, background images (because Turing can't handle it), star notes/power, and multiple songs. (There are probably more things missing, but I don't actually own the game, and pointing out problems with my own program seems like a dumb thing to do.) What it does have:
Nifty Psuedo 3D Graphics!
Held Notes, Normal Notes
Score Multiplier, Score (duh)
Percent Accuracy at end
The notes for Strutter! (If you think it's sad that there's only one song, don't. It took 30 minutes on youtube with notepad entering each note in individually.)
Also the timing is pretty close to the actually song in Guitar Hero, and the only reason that I didn't pair this with the music is that the framerate fluctuates by 1 or 2 on either side of 30fps, which means that by the end of the 3 minute song, it could be ahead/behind by a few notes.

Oh, and the song is on medium. The keys are ASDFG or the first five F keys, and Enter to strum.

Side notes:
My resolution is set to 1024 by 768, so if you want to know how it looks on my computer set your resolution to that. But you don't have to, just make sure that the Y dimension of your resolution is more than about 500.
My computer sucks, but if on the off chance your computer sucks more, you may not be able to achieve the 30fps, and it'll probably look odd. If the framerate is below 30 (by more than 2-5) try to close other applications/processes.
If you want to see the source I could post it, just ask, but the code is messy, uncommented, and 500 lines, soooo...your choice. Also it's not optimized, nor did I put the time into using classes. As I said I made it in a few days.
Since the song is on medium, you don't need to use the fifth key. (ie F5 or G)
You only have to hold, erm...held notes for half of the duration, but you get more points the longer you hold it.

If you have any questions/comments please feel free to post them!

~Steven Lyon

GH-1.zip
 Description:
Guitar Hero Clone
By: Steven Lyon

Download
 Filename:  GH-1.zip
 Filesize:  274.73 KB
 Downloaded:  2204 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
UraniumLobster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:45 am   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

Can you please post the code? I want to try this but Im not aloud to download...
galeng

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero

I'm also very interested and would like to see some code for this.
Messy is fine.
darkangel

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero

Can you post the song, even if its behind a couple notes it would make it a whole lot easier to play. Razz

Totally awesome job BTW
Danjen

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero

This is definitely one of the best clones I've seen, but it is missing a few features. Because you said you had to use YouTube, I will assume that you do not have Guitar Hero. When playing GH, if you have to play a red note for instance, you can hold both green and red notes and strum and still get credit for playing the correct note. This has to do with where your fingers are held and the string frequency. Also, you are missing hammer-ons and pull-offs, where you can play a note without strumming. Good job otherwise though.
tudball33

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

yeah, it sounds like a great program, but could someone post the code because i cant download it
apomb

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

This is the first turing program ive tried in a LONG time. I am impressed by the simplicity, yet it still captures the fun of guitar hero (if you hold your keyboard like a guitar Wink )
nastynika

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:06 am   Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero

pretty cool
+bits
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
death bringer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:58 am   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

Lol it needs to be worked on a bit the view screws it up
agnivohneb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

It is very good.
Danjen has a point about the holding of multiple notes.
Also I don't know if its just me or a error with the program but I don't hear any music.
ScRaTcH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

This Game could be a lot better try to tweak it a bit

still good tho
b_obama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:03 am   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

I can't get my Xbox guitar working with this game.

Plus doesn't have multi-instrument support. Sorry, but I'll stick to my Rock Band.
Tyr_God_Of_War

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Guitar Hero

Would it help if you used Time.DelaySinceLast?

And the #-d effect makes me nauseous. But thats not your fault Mr. Green
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: