Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need idea for a music site
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:26 pm   Post subject: Need idea for a music site

well i am gonna make a general music site, cause im very bored and have tons of time on my hands.... anyway I was thinking of doing a Punk, Rock and Hip-hop/rap site. Than once it gets a bit bigger maybe add some more genres, but I need ideas on what i should put in the site. Right now I only have news and a section called CHECK THIS OUT which will play a 30 second bit of a new song for ppl to hear the new stuff thats out there. Anyway i am just planning this, any input would be helpful!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well a borad is all ways fun. also you could try to make a radio show like app that plays songs on the site, whould need some knoalge of php and some good lawers to stop the musick industly from sueing you Razz .
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
to stop the musick industly from sueing you Razz .

or you just host the site out of Australia... nothing ever happens in Australia... thats where KaZaa is based. Though I heard that courts refused to sue all the P2P sharing apps (thats why recording industries are trying to sue individual people they catch now)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
JSBN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it'll suck to be cought
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WAAA HAHAHA..... aint it nice to notice how convo's get turned into something else after 2 or 3 posts? man i think its great....
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rip off band bios and discos and infos from allmusic.com Laughing

probly a music news sections would be good as well
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

How to Waste Money

Sue 60 million Americans for distribution of unpurchased merchandise. (P2P)

It's not going to happen. The record industry is losing money from P2P software, suing everyone does what to the money they have?
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the minimum amount they can sue for is $750 USD per song... and up to $150,000....

Even at $750, I dont see anything happening. If anything the person will just buy all the CDs in between trials and would legally own all his MP3s Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wouldn't do that, I'd fight it because the labels have no case.
poly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
rip off band bios and discos and infos from allmusic.com Laughing

Actually i was thinking of doing that...well sort of. For like the popular bands/artists I would make a bio up, but for the un-popular artists just re word the bios.....

and also let the music industry sue me... They ain't gonna get what they want, cause I dont got that kind of cash!

Anyway anybody have some ideas/suggestions... cause if i cant think of any I will have to give up my dreams but dont worry i wont cry, cause real men don't anyway
poly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I am incredible bored so i came up with some ideas: news, upcoming releases, album reviews, contests (depending), tour dates, band archive/listing, forum
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: