Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d modeling program
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
selentic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:40 pm   Post subject: Re: 3d modeling program

Geostigma @ Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm wrote:
selentic @ Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am wrote:
Geostigma @ Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 pm wrote:
selentic @ Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 pm wrote:
Try Gmax its pretty useful for beginning 3D modeling And its free Very Happy
No its not. Its the worst water downed modeling app ever. Your best bet is to score a full copy of a modeling app.

Have fun buying 3DS max then.

Other means exist. I don't know why your so offended when a person with experience is giving their opinion. Its a fact and because Gmax is not supported and updated is exactly why its a bad program and lacks many features and crashes to often then what its worth. I have no clue why you even brought up 3ds as the only choice.

I do halo map making and Gmax \ 3DS are the only programs capable of making levels (I think). So I really only limit myself to those two. After that I just dont have the money for the intensley expensive 3DS max so Im stuck with Gmax. It really isnt that bad if you know what your doing, but It does require some patience. But thats the same for any part of game making really.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RedRogueXIII

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 pm   Post subject: RE:3d modeling program

For a simple and easy to pick-up and learn modeling-specific application try Metasequoia Try the LE if your just starting then when your ready, move onto the normal version. It's free and good for learning the basics of modeling, however I suggest moving to another program when uv-mapping and animating.
selentic

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:04 pm   Post subject: Re: 3d modeling program

If I didnt already suggest google sketchup 6, try that.
Geostigma

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:24 pm   Post subject: RE:3d modeling program

Why not pirate 3ds.. Your not going to be making money off of it. If you were going to sell the models off turbo squid etc then I would be worried and concerned.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:57 pm   Post subject: RE:3d modeling program

That's still piracy.
Geostigma

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:05 pm   Post subject: RE:3d modeling program

Well unfortunately there is no other way to do it other the forking out the money to gain a license to do something like this. If you feel super strong against something like this then don't do it and get a cheep modeling app and deal with it or fork out the money.

In all honesty its not the app, its the person using it ... to a point.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 am   Post subject: Re: RE:3d modeling program

Geostigma @ Tue May 22, 2007 11:05 pm wrote:
In all honesty its not the app, its the person using it ... to a point.

The person using it is very important.

3DStudio Max is a professional 3D suite. If you aren't a professional graphics artist I'd have to wonder what you were doing with it.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: