Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d modeling program
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
aserghuil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:43 pm   Post subject: 3d modeling program

Hi i was wondering if there is or are any programs that will let me learn 3d modelling and i want to practise modelling to.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ironically, they're right in the forum description for the 3D boards Razz Go take a look. Also, add Blender to the list.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3DSMax and Milkshape 3D are good simple free ones. Too bad all I ever made was a small box on top of a larger box. Sad
aserghuil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:07 pm   Post subject: Blender

When ever i use blender the program freezes and this is what the little black screen says import site failed; use -v for traceback what do i do thanks in advance.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Blender

aserghuil wrote:
When ever i use blender the program freezes and this is what the little black screen says import site failed; use -v for traceback what do i do thanks in advance.

Kiaiiii!
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if u want to learn 3d animation id suggest using alias maya 6.5 or higher and 3d max 5 or higher...here some pics i made wayyyy back in the day when i started learning maya and cinema4d(thats a good program too btw)

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proj6vq.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=random2kc.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tree3zd.jpg

not my best stuff but this is back when i was running an old radeon 9550 lol and i just started out..hope u guys like it Smile
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could've started another thread for it... and in the event that you choose to do so, why not show us your best stuff?
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol good question..well half of it got deleted when my retarted brother messed up my pc but im working on a project right now hoping to finish it soon but i have soo much darn stupid hw to do(sorry for the language) and then work i barely get any time on the pc nowdays except weekends
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Those are pretty good pics, I would love to see the better stuff Smile
selentic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 pm   Post subject: Re: 3d modeling program

Try Gmax its pretty useful for beginning 3D modeling And its free Very Happy
Geostigma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 pm   Post subject: Re: 3d modeling program

selentic @ Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 pm wrote:
No its not. Its the worst water downed modeling app ever. Your best bet is to score a full copy of a modeling app.
zig surge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[quote="[Gandalf] @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:38 pm"]3DSMax and Milkshape 3D are good simple free ones. Too bad all I ever made was a small box on top of a larger box. Sad[/quote]
I realise this is an old post but sine the topic was brought back up anyways I feel it's worth noting that neither of these products are free. 3D Studio Max costs a shitload of money which someone wouldn't have if they were just starting out, and Milkshape is about $25 but only useful for making models for games. As for whether they are good and simple, that's a matter of opinion.
selentic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am   Post subject: Re: 3d modeling program

Geostigma @ Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 pm wrote:
No its not. Its the worst water downed modeling app ever. Your best bet is to score a full copy of a modeling app.

Have fun buying 3DS max then.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:39 pm   Post subject: RE:3d modeling program

It sounds like you may be missing the point (if not the point, then a very important one anyways).

3DS Max is far from being the only 3D modeling program available in any price range.

Gmax is no longer supported by Autodesk (purchased Discreet), it was only good for making game content, and even then only for games that had game packs specifically made for it.
Geostigma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm   Post subject: Re: 3d modeling program

selentic @ Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am wrote:
Geostigma @ Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 pm wrote:

Have fun buying 3DS max then.

Other means exist. I don't know why your so offended when a person with experience is giving their opinion. Its a fact and because Gmax is not supported and updated is exactly why its a bad program and lacks many features and crashes to often then what its worth. I have no clue why you even brought up 3ds as the only choice.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: